218 You Should Satisfy God Since You Believe in God
1. A person who serves God should not only know to suffer for God, but even more have to understand that believing in God is for pursuing to love God. God uses you not only to refine you and make you suffer, but to cause you to know God’s deeds, ah lai lai lai lai, ah lai lai lai lai, ah lai lai lai lai ah lai ah lai lai, and know the true meaning of human life, and cause you to know that it is not an easy thing to serve God.
2. Experiencing God is not about enjoying His grace, but more about suffering because of your love for Him. Since you enjoy God’s grace, you must also enjoy God’s chastisement—you must experience all of these things. Ah lai lai lai lai, ah lai lai lai lai, ah lai lai lai lai ah lai ah lai lai.You can experience God’s enlightenment in you, and you can also experience His dealings and judgment. That way, you experience all sides.
3. God has done work of judgment and chastisement on you. God’s word has dealt with you, but He has also enlightened you, illuminated you. When you want to run away, God’s hand still holds onto you. Ah lai lai lai lai, ah lai lai lai lai, ah lai lai lai lai ah lai ah lai lai. All of this work is to let you know that everything about man is at the mercy of God.
4. You may think believing in God is about suffering, or doing many things for Him, or for the peace of your flesh, or is for everything to go well for you, for everything to be comfortable—but none of these are purposes people should have for believing in God. Ah lai lai lai lai, ah lai lai lai lai, ah lai lai lai lai ah lai ah lai lai. If that is what you believe, then your perspective is incorrect and you simply cannot be perfected.
5. God’s wisdom, God’s righteous disposition, His actions, His word, and His wondrousness and unfathomableness are all things people ought to try to understand. Use this understanding to get rid of the personal requests as well as the individual hopes and conceptions in your heart. Only by eliminating these can you meet the conditions demanded by God. Only through this can you have life and satisfy God.
6. Believing in God is for satisfying God, to live out the disposition He requires, to let His actions and glory be manifested through this group of unworthy people. Ah lai lai lai lai, ah lai lai lai lai, ah lai lai lai lai ah lai ah lai lai. That is the correct perspective for believing in God, and also the goal you should seek.
from “Those Who Are to Be Made Perfect Must Undergo Refinement” in The Word Appears in the Flesh