25 The Significance of God’s Name
Accompaniment: In each age (in each age) and each stage of work (each stage of work), God’s name is not baseless (ah), but holds representative significance (representative significance): Each name (each name) represents one age.
1. Although Jehovah, Jesus, and the Messiah all represent God’s Spirit, these names only denote the different ages in God’s management plan, and do not represent God in His entirety. The names by which people on earth call God cannot articulate God’s entire disposition and all that God is. They are merely different names by which God is called during different ages. And so, when the final age—the age of the last days—arrives, God’s name shall change again. He shall not be called Jehovah, or Jesus, much less the Messiah, but shall be called the powerful Almighty God Himself, and under this name God shall bring the entire age to an end.
2. God was once known as Jehovah. He was also called the Messiah, and people once called Him Jesus the Savior because they loved and respected Him. But today God is not the Jehovah or Jesus that people knew in times past—He is the God who has returned in the last days, the God who shall bring the age to an end. He is the God Himself that rises up at the ends of the earth, replete with God’s entire disposition, replete with God’s entire disposition, and full of authority, honor and glory.
3. People have never engaged with Him, have never known Him, and have always been ignorant of His disposition. From the creation of the world until today, not one person has seen Him, not one person has seen Him. This is the God who appears to man during the last days but is hidden among man. He resides among man, true and real, like the burning sun and the flaming fire, filled with power and brimming with authority. There is not a single person or thing that shall not be judged by His words, and not a single person or thing that shall not be purified through the burning of fire.
4. Eventually, all nations shall be blessed because of His words, and also smashed to pieces because of His words. In this way, all people during the last days shall see that He is the Savior returned, He is the Almighty God that conquers all of mankind, and He was once the sin offering for man, but in the last days He also becomes the flames of the sun that burn all things, as well as the Sun of righteousness that reveals all things. Such is God’s work of the last days.
5. God took this name and is possessed of this disposition so that all people may see that He is a righteous God, and is the burning sun, and the flaming fire. It is so that all may worship Him, the only true God, and so that they may see His true face: He is not only the God of the Israelites, and is not just the Redeemer—He is the God of all creatures, the God of all creatures throughout heavens and earth and seas.
from “The Savior Has Already Returned Upon a ‘White Cloud’” in The Word Appears in the Flesh