XI Classic Words on God’s Requirements, Exhortations, Warnings, and Consolations
(IV) Classic Words on God’s Consolations for Man
113. The love and compassion of God permeates each and every detail of His management work, and regardless of whether people are able to understand God’s good intentions, He is still tirelessly doing the work that He intends to accomplish. Irrespective of how much people understand of the management of God, the benefits and assistance of the work done by God can be appreciated by everyone. Perhaps, today, you have not felt any of the love or life provided by God, but as long as you do not abandon God, and do not give up on your determination to seek the truth, then there will always be a day when God’s smile will be revealed to you. For the aim of the work of God’s management is to recover the mankind who is under the domain of Satan, not to abandon the mankind who has been corrupted by Satan and opposes God.
from “Man Can Only Be Saved Amidst the Management of God” in The Word Appears in the Flesh
114. In the Age of Grace, Jesus had pity and grace for the people. If one sheep was lost out of a hundred, He would leave the ninety-nine and look for the one. This phrase does not describe a mechanical practice, it is not a rule, but it shows God’s intentions toward mankind, God’s urgent intention to save mankind, and God’s deep love for mankind. It is not a way of practice, but it is His disposition and His mentality. Therefore, some people leave for a year or half a year, or they have many weaknesses and many misconceptions. Afterward, if they wake up to reality and are able to have understanding and turn back and get back on the right path, I will be especially comforted and take pleasure in this. Being able to stand in the current world and age of sensual pleasures and evil, being able to acknowledge God, and being able to get back on the right path and return are things that really bring comfort and are exciting.
from “People Who Always Have Requirements for God Are the Least Reasonable” in Records of Christ’s Talks
115. During the time of God’s work of salvation, all those who can be saved will be saved to the utmost limit, none of them being discarded, as the purpose of God’s work is to save man. All those who, during the time of God’s salvation of man, are unable to achieve a change in their disposition, all those who are unable to obey God completely, will all become objects for punishment. This stage of work—the work of words—opens up to man all of the ways and mysteries that they do not understand, so that man can understand the will of God and God’s requirements of man, so that they can have the conditions to put God’s words into practice and achieve changes in their disposition. God uses only words to do His work, and does not punish people because they are a little rebellious, because now is the time of the work of salvation. If everyone who is rebellious was punished, then no one would have the opportunity to be saved; they would all be punished and fall into Hades. The purpose of the words judging man is to allow them to know themselves and obey God; it is not for them to be punished by means of the judgment of words. … Each and every person who has accepted the conquering of words will have ample opportunity for salvation. God’s salvation of each one of these people shows them His utmost leniency, meaning that they are showed the utmost tolerance. So long as people turn back from the wrong path, so long as they can repent, then God will give them the opportunity to obtain His salvation.
from “You Should Put Aside the Blessings of Status and Understand God’s Will for the Salvation of Man” in The Word Appears in the Flesh
116. Right now, God truly wants to perfect you, and this is not a manner of speaking. In the future, regardless of what trials befall you, what events take place, or what disasters befall you, God wants to perfect you—this is a definite and undoubted fact. From where can this be seen? From the fact that the word of God through the ages and generations has never attained such a great height as it has today—it has entered the highest realm, and the work of the Holy Spirit among all men today is unprecedented. Hardly anyone from generations past has tasted this. Even in the age of Jesus there were not the revelations of today; great heights have been reached in the words spoken to you, the things you understand, and the things you experience. You do not depart in the midst of trials and chastisements, and this is sufficient to prove that the work of God has reached unprecedented splendor. This is not something that man is able to do and it is not something that man maintains, but rather it is the work of God Himself. So, from many of the facts of the work of God it can be seen that God wants to perfect man, and He is certainly able to make you complete. If you are able to catch sight of this, if you are able to have this new discovery, then you will not wait for the second coming of Jesus but instead, you will allow God to make you complete in the present age. Thus, you should each do your utmost and spare no effort so that you may be perfected by God.
from “On Everyone Performing Their Function” in The Word Appears in the Flesh
117. In the current stream, every person that truly loves God has the opportunity to be perfected by Him. Regardless of whether they are young or old, so long as they keep in their hearts an obedience to God and reverence for Him, they will be able to be perfected by Him. God perfects people according to their different functions. So long as you have done all in your strength and submit yourself to the work of God you will be able to be perfected by Him. At present none of you are perfect. Sometimes you are able to perform one type of function and sometimes you are able to perform two; so long as you give all your strength to God and expend yourselves for Him, ultimately you will be perfected by God.
from “On Everyone Performing Their Function” in The Word Appears in the Flesh
118. Blessed are those who have read My word and believe that it will be fulfilled—I will not mistreat you, but will have what you believe be fulfilled in you. This is My blessing coming upon you. My word strikes the secrets hidden in every person. Everyone has mortal wounds, and I am the good physician who heals them—simply come into My presence. Why did I say that in the future there will be no more sorrow and no more tears? It is because of this. In Me, everything is accomplished, but in men, all things are corrupt and vain, and all are deceitful to humans. In My presence you shall receive all things, and see as well as enjoy all the blessings you could not have imagined. Those who do not come before Me are certainly rebellious, and are definitely the ones who resist Me. I will certainly not spare them easily; I will severely chastise this kind of person. Remember this! Those who come before Me more will gain more, but it will be no more than grace. Later, they will receive even greater blessings.
from “The Seventy-fourth Utterance” in The Word Appears in the Flesh
119. To all the brothers and sisters who have heard My voice: You have heard the voice of My strict judgment and you have endured extreme suffering. However, you should know that behind My stern voice are hidden My intentions! I discipline you so that you may be saved. You should know that for My beloved sons, I will discipline you and prune you and make you complete soon.
from “The Twenty-third Utterance” in The Word Appears in the Flesh
120. God did not come this time to strike people down, but rather to save people to the greatest extent possible. Who is entirely free from errors? If everyone is struck down, then how could it be called salvation? Some transgressions are done on purpose and other transgressions are done involuntarily. With involuntary matters, you can change after you recognize them, so would God strike you down before you change? Is this how God saves people? It is not like that! Regardless of whether you transgress involuntarily or out of a rebellious nature, just remember: Hurry and wake up to reality. Press onward; no matter what situation arises, you must press onward. God is working to save people and He will not randomly strike the people He wants to save.
from “God’s Will Is to Save People to the Greatest Extent Possible” in Records of Christ’s Talks
122. Some people are in the midst of negativity, but they can still maintain an attitude of “faithful to God till the end, no matter what the outcome” in their duty. I say that this is change, yet you yourselves are not realizing it. Actually, if you examine yourself carefully, you will see that a part of your corrupt disposition has already changed; however, when you constantly use the highest standards to measure yourself, not only will you not be able to reach such a high standard, but also even the changes you have made within yourself will be negated—this is a human error. If you are really someone who can tell right from wrong, then there is no harm in making yourself aware of the changes within yourself; not only can you see your own changes, but even more so you can find the path ahead that is to be practiced; at that time you will see that as long as you are hard-working, you still have hope; you are not irredeemable. Right now I tell you: Those who can correctly view their problems have hope; they can come out from negativity.
from “View Yourself Correctly and Do Not Give Up on Truth” in Records of Christ’s Talks
123. The attitude adopted by the genuinely wise is: “No matter what God does or how He treats me, no matter how deeply corrupted I am or what my humanity is like, I should be unswerving in my determination to seek the truth and to seek to know God.” This is the direction for human life, it is what man should be seeking to achieve, and it is the one and only path to salvation.
from “All Is Determined by Whether One Possesses the Truth” in Records of Christ’s Talks
124. We should have one determination: No matter how intense of an environment or what kind of difficulties we encounter, no matter how weak, how negative we are, we cannot lose confidence in a change in disposition, and we cannot lose confidence in God’s words. God has given promises to mankind, and humans must have the determination and the perseverance to undertake them. God does not like cowards; He likes people with determination. Even if you have revealed a great deal of corruption, even if you’ve taken many winding roads, or even if along the way you’ve had many transgressions or have resisted God—or there are some people who hold in their hearts some blasphemy against God or blame Him, have conflict with Him—God doesn’t look at this. God only looks at whether or not a person will someday be able to change.
from “What a Change in Disposition Is and the Path to a Change in Disposition” in Records of Christ’s Talks
125. I do not want to see anyone feeling as though God has left them out in the cold, that God has abandoned them or turned His back on them. I would only like to see everyone on the road to seeking the truth and seeking to understand God, boldly marching onward with unfaltering will, with no misgivings, carrying no burdens. No matter what wrongs you have committed, no matter how far you have gone astray or how much you have transgressed, do not let these become burdens or excess baggage to carry with you in your pursuit to understand God: Continue marching onward. No matter when it occurs, the heart of God that is man’s salvation never changes: This is the most precious part of the essence of God.
from “God Himself, the Unique VI” in Continuation of The Word Appears in the Flesh
127. Do not be discouraged, do not be weak, I will reveal to you. The road to the kingdom is not that smooth, nothing is that simple! You want blessings to come easy, right? Today everyone will have bitter trials to face, otherwise the loving heart you have for Me will not grow stronger and you will not have true love for Me. Even if it is just minor circumstances, everyone must get through them, it’s just that they differ to some degree. The circumstance is one of My blessings, how many often kneel before Me to ask for My blessing? Silly children! You always feel that a few lucky words count as My blessing, yet don’t feel that bitterness is one of My blessings. Those who share in My bitterness shall certainly share My sweet. That is My promise and My blessings to you. Do not hesitate to eat and drink and enjoy. When the dark passes here shall be light. It is darkest before dawn; after this time it will gradually become brighter, and later the sun will rise. Do not be afraid or timid.
from “The Forty-first Utterance” in The Word Appears in the Flesh
128. Perhaps you all remember these words: “For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, works for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory.” In the past, you have all heard this saying, yet none understood the true meaning of the words. Today, you know well the real significance they hold. These words are what God will accomplish in the last days. And they will be accomplished upon those cruelly afflicted by the great red dragon in the land where it lies. The great red dragon persecutes God and is the enemy of God, so in this land, those who believe in God are subjected to humiliation and persecution. That is why these words will become reality in you group of people. As the work is carried out in a land that opposes God, all of His work is met with inordinate hindrance, and many of His words cannot be accomplished in good time; hence, people are refined because of the words of God. This too is an element of suffering. It is greatly arduous for God to carry out His work in the land of the great red dragon, but it is through such difficulty that God does a stage of His work to make manifest His wisdom and wondrous deeds. God takes this opportunity to make this group of people complete. Because of people’s suffering, their caliber, and all the satanic disposition of people in this unclean land, God does His work of purification and conquest so that, from this, He may gain glory and gain those who stand witness to His deeds. This is the full significance of all the sacrifices that God has made for this group of people.
from “Is the Work of God So Simple as Man Imagines?” in The Word Appears in the Flesh
129. In which aspects people should suffer and have setbacks is destined by God, and is not based on people’s own requirements. This is absolutely true. Every believer should possess the ability to undergo the trials of God’s words and suffer within His words. Is this something that you can see clearly? So the suffering you have undergone has been traded for today’s blessings; if you do not suffer for God, you cannot gain His praise. Maybe you have complained in the past, but no matter how much you have complained God does not remember that about you. Today has come and there is no reason to look into yesterday’s matters.
from “Genuine Love for God Is Spontaneous” in The Word Appears in the Flesh
130. Put all your efforts into placing your heart before Me and I shall comfort you and give you peace and happiness in your heart. You shall not seek the approval of men; isn’t it more valuable and weighty to satisfy Me? In satisfying Me, won’t you even more have eternal and lifelong peace and happiness? The suffering before you signifies how great your future blessings shall be; it is indescribable. You know not how many blessings you shall have, you couldn’t even dream of it. Today they become real, so very real! This is not so far away, can you see it? Every last bit of this is within Me and how bright it is ahead! Wipe away your tears, feel no pain or sorrow, all is held within My hands and My goal is to make you the overcomers soon and to bring you into glory with Me.
from “The Tenth Utterance” in The Word Appears in the Flesh
131. The time has come for us to repay God’s love. Although we are subject to no small amount of ridicule, slander, and persecution because we follow the path of belief in God, I believe this is a meaningful thing. It is a thing of glory, not shame, and no matter what, the blessings we enjoy are not paltry at all. In countless times of disappointment, God’s words have brought comfort, and before we know it, sorrow has turned to joy. In countless times of need, God has brought blessings and we have been provided for through His words. In countless times of sickness, God’s words have brought life—we have been freed from danger, and turned from danger to safety. You have already enjoyed so many things such as these without realizing it. Could it possibly be that you do not remember?
from “The Path … (2)” in The Word Appears in the Flesh
132. Now your lives and your every day can be lived to testify of God and spread this gospel of God’s work; now, is this not living confidently in righteousness? (It is.) It is approved by God. To use common speech, God permits you to live this way and gives you this opportunity. This opportunity is given to you by God, is it not? (It is.) Is not God’s giving you this opportunity and allowing you to live in this way, to spend for Him, something that gives righteous confidence? (It is.) … To be of this age, to have this sort of opportunity, and also to be able to perform this duty and to do so in this environment and under these conditions—this is a rare opportunity! God carefully selects from among humanity, and He has chosen you. This is your opportunity; what is it? (A blessing.) This is the greatest blessing. This current blessing of ours should be even greater than the blessings of the saints throughout the ages and generations!
from “A Person Can Live Life With Dignity Only by Submitting to and Revering God” in Records of Christ’s Talks
133. It is these who believe in God who are smart. They come to God’s presence to accept God’s work, and unconsciously they come to understand the purpose of God’s management of humanity and the mystery of His management and salvation of humanity. They come to understand God’s will and know His dominion. They live with peaceful hearts and abundance, and they are filled with the confidence of living in the right. Do you now feel like you are living with the confidence of righteousness? (Yes.) Is it a real confidence or pretended? You don’t really dare to say, do you? God allows you to live, and if you can live for God and live to perform the duties of a created being, then you are living confidently in righteousness. … In this vast world with so many people, God has predestined and chosen you from among all of humanity; you were born in this era, in the country of the great red dragon, and He allows you to be able to perform the duty you are performing now. You have been favored by God and have been chosen by Him. Is this not a blessing? This is a blessing—God favors you and allows you to spend for God and perform your duty in God’s family.
from “A Person Can Live Life With Dignity Only by Submitting to and Revering God” in Records of Christ’s Talks
136. Man fails to gain God not because God has emotion, or because God is unwilling to be gained by man, but because man does not want to gain God, and because man does not urgently seek God. How could one of those who truly seek God be cursed by God? How could one of sound sense and sensitive conscience be cursed by God? How could one who truly worships and serves God be consumed by the fires of His wrath? How could one who is happy to obey God be kicked out of God’s house? How could one who could not love God enough live in God’s punishment? How could someone who is happy to forsake everything for God be left with nothing?
from “To Have an Unchanged Disposition Is to Be in Enmity to God” in The Word Appears in the Flesh
137. When the waters swallow men whole, I save them from the stagnant waters and give them a chance to have life anew. When men lose their confidence to live, I pull them up from the brink of death, granting them the courage to live, that they take Me as the foundation of their existence. When men disobey Me, I cause them to know Me in their disobedience. In light of humanity’s old nature and in light of My mercy, rather than putting humans to death, I allow them to repent and make a fresh start. When men suffer famine, I wrest them from death so long as they have one breath left, preventing them from falling prey to Satan’s trickery. How many times have people seen My hands; how many times have they seen My kind countenance, seen My smiling face; and how many times have they seen My majesty, seen My wrath. Though humanity has never known Me, I do not seize upon their weakness to make unnecessary trouble. Experiencing humanity’s hardships, I thus sympathize with man’s weakness. It is only in response to men’s disobedience, their ingratitude, that I mete out chastisements in varying degrees.
from “The Fourteenth Utterance” of God’s Utterances to the Entire Universe in The Word Appears in the Flesh
138. The Almighty has mercy on these people who suffer deeply. At the same time, He is fed up with these people who have no consciousness, because He has to wait too long for the answer from humans. He desires to seek, seek your heart and your spirit. He wants to bring you food and water and to awaken you, so you are no longer thirsty, no longer hungry. When you are weary and when you begin to feel the desolation of this world, do not be perplexed, do not cry. Almighty God, the Watcher, will embrace your arrival any time. He is watching by your side, waiting for you to turn back. He is waiting for the day your memory suddenly recovers: becoming conscious of the fact that you came from God, somehow and somewhere once lost, falling unconscious on the roadside, and then, unknowingly having a father. You further realize that the Almighty has been watching there, awaiting your return all along. He longs bitterly, waiting for a response without an answer. His watching is priceless and is for the heart and the spirit of humans. Perhaps this watching is indefinite, and perhaps this watching is at its end. But you should know exactly where your heart and spirit are now.
from “The Sighing of the Almighty” in The Word Appears in the Flesh
139. The love of God extends forth like the water of a spring, and is given to you, and to me, and to him, and to all those who truly seek the truth and await the appearance of God.
Just as the moon always follows the sun, the work of God never ceases, and is carried out upon you, upon me, upon him, and upon all those who follow the footprints of God and accept the judgment and chastisement of God.
from “Beholding the Appearance of God in His Judgment and Chastisement” in The Word Appears in the Flesh