136 How Important God's Love for Man Is
Accompaniment: The scene painted in the Bible “God’s command to Adam” is both touching and heartwarming. Although the picture contains only God and man, the relationship between the two is so intimate we start to feel wonder, wonder and admiration.
1. God’s love overflowing is freely given to man, God’s love is around him. Man, innocent and pure, without a care to tie him down, lives in bliss in the eyes of God. God takes care of man, and man lives under His wings. All that man does, all his words and deeds, are bound up with God, can’t be apart.
2. From the first moment God created the human race, God had them in His charge. What kind of charge is that? It’s for Him to protect man and to watch over man. He hopes for man to trust in, to trust in and obey His words. This was the first thing God expected of the human race.
3. Bearing this first hope, God spoke the following words: “Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, good and evil, you shall not eat of it: for in the day that you eat thereof you shall surely die.” These simple words, standing for God’s will, show that concern for man was already in His heart.
4. So, in these simple words, we see what’s in God’s heart. Is there love in His heart? Isn’t there care and concern? God’s love and care is something that can be both felt and sensed. If you are a person of conscience and with humanity, you will feel warm, being cared for and loved, you will feel blessed with happiness.
5. When you feel these things, how will you act towards God? Will you cleave to Him? Will reverential love, will reverential love not grow in your heart? Will your heart draw close to Him? From this we see, how important God’s love for man is. But even more important than this is that man can feel and comprehend God’s love.
from “God’s Work, God’s Disposition, and God Himself (1)” in The Word Appears in the Flesh