II. Typical Testimonies of the Christians and Catholics in Mainland China Who Turned to Almighty God Because of Being Punished for Resisting Almighty God
30. Wu XX, male, aged 51, from Anhui Province, formerly a deacon in the Hua Xuehe sect. Since the spring of 2002, someone had preached God’s end-time work to me many times. However, I not only refused to accept it but also blasphemed and condemned it. Moreover, I said, “Even if you raised my father from the dead, I wouldn’t believe what you preach.” On August 20, 2002, I was attacked by a sudden illness. Both infusions and medicines could not make me better. Within over half a month, I wasted away to skin-covered bones. One day in September, a brother came to preach God’s end-time gospel to me again, and I pondered, “My illness came suddenly, and is still not cured despite spending a lot of money on it. There may be God’s intention behind this.” Then, I received the brother with the have-a-try mentality. Through the brother’s fellowship and my eating and drinking God’s word, I realized that I got ill because I was punished for resisting the true God. So I accepted God’s end-time work at once. Not many days after, I recovered from my illness. How I thank the almighty and only true God!
31. Lü XX, male, aged 49, from Anhui Province, formerly a worker in the Hua Xuehe sect. Since the spring of 2001, many people had come successively to preach Almighty God’s end-time work to me. However, instead of accepting it, I blasphemed and condemned it. What’s more, I hindered other brothers and sisters from accepting it. On January 23, 2003, at about eight in the evening, my fellow villager Hu and I, after our shopping, were walking home side by side along the road. Suddenly, I felt something hit me hard from behind, and then I fell senseless. When I came to, I was surprised to find myself lying in the hospital. My family told me that I had had a car accident and been in a coma for two days. The hit left on my head three gashes, each about 6.5 cm long. (But Hu, who walked shoulder to shoulder with me, was not injured at all.) They also told me that after the accident a traffic policeman measured the blood I left after being injured: It was about 60 cm in diameter and 4 cm thick (the blood congealed because of cold weather), and that all those at the scene thought I would surely die. I stayed in the hospital for ten days and spent over 6,000 yuan on the medical bills. On the fourth day after I was discharged, the brothers and sisters came to preach God’s end-time gospel to me again. Through their fellowship, I came to know that the accident coming upon me was the retribution I received for resisting Almighty God. Then I bitterly regretted indeed and with a contrite heart, I accepted God’s end-time work.
32. Peng XX, female, aged 52, from Anhui Province, formerly a believer in the Justification by Faith Church. One day in April 2002, at a meeting, our leader told us to pray and curse those who believed in Almighty God. So, after getting back home, I started to pray and curse them. But, every time I did so, my tongue bent upward as if it were burned by fire. My eyes became blurred and indistinct, my head felt dizzy and faint, and my limbs grew feeble. However, I did not realize that it was God’s discipline; on the contrary, I further intensified my effort to pray and curse. Later, my tongue stiffened and could not speak clearly. The flesh around my eyes became rotten, and my whole body swollen. At the time, I still did not wake up but continued to curse them. On May 22, I suddenly smelled the stench of a decaying corpse given off from my body. Then I became afraid. On the morning of May 26, a sister preached Almighty God’s end-time work to me, and I finally woke up and realized that Almighty God is the only true God and that if I resisted and disobeyed any longer, I would lose my life. Filled with remorse and hate, I accepted Almighty God’s end-time work right off.
33. Zhuang XX, female, aged 59, from Shandong Province, formerly a believer in the Presbyterian Church. Since August 1999, God’s end-time gospel had been preached to me many times. However, I not only rejected it but hindered others from accepting it. In August 2002, I pulled back three sisters who had accepted it, and I even frightened them by saying, “If you join them, you won’t be allowed to come back home within years. If you don’t obey, they will cut off your tongue….”
Two months later, my husband took me to my daughter’s home by motorcycle. On the way, a minibus hit us from behind, and we were thrown seven or eight meters away and then fell heavily to the ground. My husband was only slightly injured, while I had my spine broken. I was bedridden for as long as nearly half a year and the medical bills alone cost me six or seven thousand yuan. Later, although I could manage to walk, I was unable to do any work, like a basket case. So, I kept thinking, “Why doesn’t Jesus keep me? Where exactly did I sin against God?”
In March 2003, another two brothers came to preach God’s end-time work to me and gave me a book called Typical Cases of Punishment for Resisting Almighty God. Through reading it, I realized that I was punished for resisting Almighty God’s work. Then I felt deep regret and hated myself for being blind and ignorant and thus having resisted the true God. At the same time, I saw that God’s righteous disposition really does not tolerate man’s offense. So I accepted Almighty God’s work at once.
34. Li XX, female, aged 60, from Shandong Province, formerly a junior leader in the Three-Self sect. At the end of 1999, I accepted God’s end-time work. However, because I did not have a mind of my own and harbored doubts about it in my heart, I took the book of God’s word to people in my former church to read; after they read it, they condemned and blasphemed it, and for this reason I rejected the true way. One evening in May 2000, I was taking the wheat home by a handcart. When I walked to a fork, unexpectedly, an oncoming three-wheeler, loaded with corncobs, made a sudden turn. As my handcart could not be braked in time, its handles were stuck right into the corncobs in the three-wheeler. Thus I was sandwiched between them and dragged more than 250 m. When the three-wheeler stopped, I had gone into a coma. I was sent to the hospital, and the doctor’s examination showed that five of my left ribs were broken. I stayed in the hospital for over a month and spent more than 10,000 yuan. Only then did I somewhat wake up, realizing that I had received retribution for resisting God. So I prayed to God to forgive me. Soon after I got back from the hospital, the brothers and sisters preached God’s end-time gospel to me again. Seeing that God tolerated me once again, I was so excited that tears streamed down my face. And I followed Almighty God without any doubt.
35. Jin XX, female, aged 40, from Heilongjiang Province, formerly a co-worker in the Justification by Faith Church. From 1998 to 2002, I sealed our meeting places and spread rumors everywhere with my leader, resisting Almighty God’s end-time work madly. Unexpectedly, in February 2002, I was suddenly stricken with myocardial infarction and cerebral thrombosis. From then on, I was paralyzed on the right side. I could not speak clearly, nor take care of myself in daily life. But I still did not know to repent. In September of the same year, just when I was in despair, some people preached Almighty God’s end-time work to me. After listening to their fellowship, I felt as if waking from a dream and realized that I was punished for resisting the true God. I bitterly regretted and immediately accepted God’s end-time work. Thank Almighty God for saving me! Now I’m getting better day by day, and can take care of myself in daily life.
36. Zhou XX, female, aged 49, from Heilongjiang Province, formerly a believer in the Martyrs’ Church. In 1999, a sister in our church accepted Almighty God’s end-time gospel. So our leader violently slandered and blasphemed Almighty God’s work, saying that what the sister believed in was a cult. Hearing it, I was deceived. One day, when I met that sister, I also condemned her, saying that she had believed in a heresy and believed in a cult. Later, another sister accepted Almighty God’s end-time gospel too. After I learned of that, I dragged her back to my former church.
One day in late August 2001, a mass of small white blisters the size of mung beans suddenly appeared on my left palm. They were next to each other and itched intensely. In October, such blisters appeared successively on my right palm too. By December, both my palms were covered in blisters.
At the beginning of January 2002, I went to my cousin’s place for treatment of my disease. She brought me to Doctor Wu’s clinic for a cure. There I met a sister, and she preached God’s end-time gospel to me. I thought to myself, “I can’t believe in it. What if it is wrong?” So I said to the sister, “I only believe in Jesus. No one else will I believe in!” My cousin advised me to seek further but was contradicted by me with harsh words.
After I returned to my cousin’s home, in one night the backs of my hands and the areas from my cheeks to my ear roots were covered in blisters the size of rice grains. They were next to each other, red and swollen. However, I still did not realize that it was the punishment I suffered for resisting Almighty God. I went to Doctor Wu’s clinic again to treat my disease. The sister testified Almighty God to me one more time. I wanted to call the leader of my church to ask whether I was allowed to accept, but there was no telephone around. Fretful and afraid in my heart, I had to kneel down and pray to God, “O God, I don’t know whether this work is done by you. If it’s done by you, please inspire me….” After praying with weeping and tears, I felt especially calm within. Then I picked up the book of God’s word and read. I found that these words indeed could not be spoken by man and that only God could speak these words. So I accepted at once. That same day, the blisters on my face and on the backs of my hands disappeared, and those on my palms were significantly reduced!
However, after coming home, I often doubted and could not be certain, always afraid that I might have believed wrongly. Strangely enough, whenever I doubted, the condition of my hands got worse. In February, the blisters on my hands grew to the size of soybeans. And whenever they swelled up, I ran a fever and could not do any work. In May, I went to all the major hospitals in Harbin for a cure. The specialists diagnosed my disease as Pasfulosis palmaris et plantaris and said that never had such disease been cured and that it could only be kept in check by medicine. After I returned home, although I took medicine for treatment, my condition still changed with my state, at times better and at times worse. When I was in a good state, my condition improved; when I doubted, it worsened. It repeated like this over and over until August 2002. Then I made up my mind and prayed to God, “O Almighty God! I commit myself fully to you. I won’t doubt anymore! Even if my hands rot away, I still believe in you! I won’t go to the hospital for treatment anymore!” The very next day the blisters on my hands disappeared altogether. From then on, I recovered completely. I truly saw God’s love and God’s wonderful salvation and became completely certain about Almighty God’s end-time new work.