35. How to Know God’s Work of Judgment and Chastisement in the Last Days
What is most predicted within the Scriptures is God’s work of judgment and chastisement in the last days. The Scriptures mention God enacting judgment in at least two hundred places; one can say they all predicted that God will carry out His work of judgment and chastisement in the last days. Hereto using just a small portion of the scriptures is enough to prove that God enacting His work of judgment and chastisement is an inevitable step of His last days work. God’s last days work is to use the method of judgment and chastisement to purify, save and perfect mankind; it is the work of classifying each person according to their own kind through judgment and chastisement to finish the age and finally build the kingdom of Christ–God’s beloved kingdom. This is the crystallization of God’s three-stage work of saving mankind and a glorious symbol of His triumph over Satan. Thus, everywhere in the Scriptures we can see writing of prophecies of God’s judgment work in the last days. If someone reads the Scriptures for many years and from start to finish fails to see God’s work of judgment and chastisement that is necessary in His last days work, then that is someone who does not understand the Scriptures in the slightest; it is certainly not a person who knows the work of God. Below is only a small part of obvious writings from the Scriptures to prove that God’s last days work is the work of judgment and chastisement:
1. “And I will come near to you to judgment…, said Jehovah of hosts” (Mal 3:5).
2. “God is a righteous judge, and God is angry with the wicked every day” (Psm 7:11).
3. “And he shall judge the world in righteousness, he shall minister judgment to the people in uprightness” (Psm 9:8).
4. “When I shall receive the congregation I will judge uprightly” (Psm 75:2).
5. “And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people” (Isa 2:4).
6. “So it shall be a reproach and a taunt, an instruction and an astonishment to the nations that are round about you, when I shall execute judgments in you in anger and in fury and in furious rebukes” (Eze 5:15).
7. “And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment” (Jhn 16:8).
8. “For he comes to judge the earth: with righteousness shall he judge the world, and the people with equity” (Psm 98:9).
9. “Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous” (Psm 1:5).
10. “Grudge not one against another, brothers, lest you be condemned: behold, the judge stands before the door” (Jas 5:9).
11. “Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come” (Rev 14:7).
12. “He that rejects me, and receives not my words, has one that judges him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day” (Jhn 12:48).
13. “For he comes, for he comes to judge the earth: he shall judge the world with righteousness, and the people with his truth” (Psm 96:13).
14. “The adversaries of Jehovah shall be broken to pieces; out of heaven shall he thunder on them: Jehovah shall judge the ends of the earth; and he shall give strength to his king, and exalt the horn of his anointed” (1 Sa 2:10).
15. “For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God” (1 Pe 4:17).
The above 15 verses regarding judgment mainly mention that God must judge the world according to righteousness, and that He must carry out judgment in the various countries, and they raise the key point that “God judges the righteous,” “And I will come near to you to judgment,” “the judge stands before the door,” “for the hour of his judgment is come,” “for he comes to judge the earth,” “he comes to judge the earth,” and “judgment must begin at the house of God.” Such dazzling words make us all see clearly that God must inevitably come to earth in the last days and do the work of judgment and chastisement; God’s last days work must also be the work of judgment and chastisement. Since these Scriptures predict and testify that God will personally come to the world of man and do the work of judgment and chastisement, then when God comes, in what exact way will He enact judgment and appear to man? This has become mankind’s most concerning question. From an actual record of the two stages of God’s work in the Scriptures, we can see such a fact as this: Besides the direct voice of God’s Spirit, only when the incarnate Lord Jesus came to earth could He speak and work as God in His identity. “God comes to earth”; these words are what God says to corrupt mankind, not what He says to the spiritual world. This is definitely referring to the incarnation of God coming to earth that people are able to see, it is certainly not referring to God’s Spirit that people have no way of seeing. From this it can be seen that if God personally comes to earth to do His work of judgment, then He must be incarnate as Christ, the Son of man; only then can He speak and work with the identity of God. This is certain beyond doubt. “This work, if not done through incarnation, would not achieve the slightest results and would not be able to fully save sinners. If God does not become flesh, He remains the Spirit both invisible and intangible to man. Man is a creature of flesh, and man and God belong to two different worlds and are different in nature. The Spirit of God is incompatible with man of flesh, and no relations can be established between them; moreover, man cannot become a spirit. As such, the Spirit of God must become one of the creatures and do His original work. God can both ascend to the highest place and humble Himself by becoming a man of creation, doing work and living among man, but man cannot ascend to the highest place and become a spirit and much less can he descend to the lowest place. Therefore, God must become flesh to carry out His work. Much as with the first incarnation, only the flesh of God incarnate could redeem man through His crucifixion, whereas it was not possible for the Spirit of God to be crucified as a sin offering for man. God could directly become flesh to serve as a sin offering for man, but man could not directly ascend to heaven to take the sin offering that God had prepared for them. As such, God must journey to and fro between heaven and earth, rather than letting man ascend to heaven to take this salvation, for man had fallen and could not ascend to heaven, much less obtain the sin offering. Therefore, it was necessary for Jesus to come among men and personally do the work that simply could not be accomplished by man. Every time that God became flesh, it was absolutely necessary to do so. If any of the stages could have been carried out directly by the Spirit of God, He would not have endured the indignities of being incarnated” (“The Mystery of the Incarnation (4)” in The Word Appears in the Flesh). From the Scriptures and God’s words we can see that God must use the way of incarnation to personally come to earth and do the work of judgment; in the following three places the verses clearly confirm: “Because he has appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he has ordained” (Act 17:31). “And has given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man” (Jhn 5:27). “For the Father judges no man, but has committed all judgment to the Son” (Jhn 5:22). These verses all directly predicted that Christ would personally come to earth as flesh and carry out judgment. Especially all that speaks of the “Son” and the “Son of man”; they are certainly referring to Christ as incarnate. God being incarnated into the Son of man is Christ; this is certain beyond doubt. This makes us see that prophecies in the Scriptures of God becoming flesh and doing His work of judgment and chastisement in the last days are not at all few in number; if only one seeks for them, they can be seen. Moreover, there are some texts that directly predict how God will do the judgment work and what results the judgment work will reach. This further proves that God’s work of judgment and chastisement in the last days is the last work to finish God’s management plan; it is the work of bringing an end to the Age of Darkness and Evil and opening up the Age of the Kingdom of Christ. For example:
1. “And the heavens shall declare his righteousness: for God is judge himself” (Psm 50:6).
2. “Jehovah is known by the judgment which he executes” (Psm 9:16).
3. “Jehovah stands up to plead, and stands to judge the people” (Isa 3:13).
4. “He shall call to the heavens from above, and to the earth, that he may judge his people” (Psm 50:4).
5. “He leads counsellors away spoiled, and makes the judges fools” (Job 12: 17).
6. “Shall any teach God knowledge? seeing he judges those that are high” (Job 21: 22).
7. “Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out” (Jhn 12:31).
8. “That brings the princes to nothing; he makes the judges of the earth as vanity” (Isa 40:23).
9. “And I will execute judgments on Moab; and they shall know that I am Jehovah” (Eze 25:11).
10. “Arise, O God, judge the earth: for you shall inherit all nations” (Psm 82:8).
11. “Be wise now therefore, O you kings: be instructed, you judges of the earth” (Psm 2:10).
12. “The earth feared, and was still, When God arose to judgment, to save all the meek of the earth” (Psm 76:8-9).
13. “If I whet my glittering sword, and my hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to my enemies, and will reward them that hate me” (Deu 32:41).
14. “Arise, O Jehovah, in your anger, lift up yourself because of the rage of my enemies: and awake for me to the judgment that you have commanded” (Psm 96:10).
15. “The Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust to the day of judgment to be punished” (2Pe 2:9).
16. “For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved to judgment” (2Pe 2:4).
17. “I said in my heart, God shall judge the righteous and the wicked: for there is a time there for every purpose and for every work” (Ecc 3:17).
18. “And the man that will do presumptuously, and will not listen to the priest that stands to minister there before the LORD your God, or to the judge, even that man shall die” (Deu 17:12).
19. “Arise, O LORD, in your anger, lift up yourself because of the rage of my enemies: and awake for me to the judgment that you have commanded” (Psm 7:6).
20. “With my soul have I desired you in the night; yes, with my spirit within me will I seek you early: for when your judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness” (Isa 26:9).
21. “Now is the end come on you, and I will send my anger on you, and will judge you according to your ways, and will recompense on you all your abominations” (Eze 7:3).
22. “Now will I shortly pour out my fury on you, and accomplish my anger on you: and I will judge you according to your ways, and will recompense you for all your abominations” (Eze 7:8).
23. “A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered to him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened” (Dan 7:10).
24. “O let the nations be glad and sing for joy: for you shall judge the people righteously, and govern the nations on earth” (Psm 67:4).
25. “But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries” (Heb 10:27).
26. “But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things” (Rom 2:2).
27. “But I say to you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment” (Mat 12:36).
28. “For we know him that has said, Vengeance belongs to me, I will recompense, said the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people” (Heb 10:30).
29. “And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind” (Jhn 9:39).
Within the above 29 verses from the Scriptures, we can all see clearly the results attained in every aspect through God’s judgment and chastisement enacted upon mankind. Moreover, God’s judgment in the last days is not only directed at one ethnicity or one country, but necessarily expands to all nations, all states, and even the entirety of mankind. Thus God’s judgment in the last days is the work of finishing the old age and opening up a new age. At the same time, people are also able to see that God in His judgment is saving the humble and the devout from temptation, and keeping the unjust within chastisement. God’s judgment allows those people on the ground to learn righteousness, pursue the truth and come to know God’s righteous disposition. It makes people on the ground all go before God and extol and praise Him; all nations cheer and leap, and bow down to Him in worship. This completely reveals the results attained by God expressing His righteous disposition. This further proves that God is not only a merciful and loving God, but more importantly He has wrath and majesty, and also judgment and chastisement; God is most of all a righteous God. In fact, God’s inherent disposition is one that is mainly righteous. Therefore, God coming to earth to enact the work of judgment is the time when God’s righteous disposition is fully revealed. Corrupt mankind are classified according to kind due to the revelation of God’s righteous disposition; all those who can accept and obey God’s judgment and chastisement in the last days will be saved and made perfect, and all those who reject God’s judgment and chastisement will be destroyed for resisting God. This is the result directly attained through God’s judgment and chastisement in the last days. It is God’s righteous judgment and chastisement that purifies mankind, saves mankind, and most of all perfects mankind. The throne of God is thus firmly established on the earth; God’s will is also able to be carried out due to His judgment and chastisement. God coming to earth to enact judgment has completely confirmed that the image of the Son of man is the image of the Lord of judgment in the Book of Revelations. At the same time, it also confirms the prophecy that “the tabernacle of God is with men.” Only when God comes to earth can He save corrupt mankind, and only by God’s judgment and chastisement can this evil age be brought to an end. It is God’s judgment and chastisement that have laid the foundation for the coming of God’s kingdom, and let Christ’s kingdom be realized upon the earth. This is the inevitable result and crystallization of the finishing of God’s management plan to save mankind. In the end, the gathering of all people who are saved make up the kingdom of Christ; this completely fulfills the prophecies of “God coming into His kingdom” and “the new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven.” Clearly, the 21st century is the century of God coming into His kingdom; it is the century in which the kingdom of Christ will be realized upon the earth. Even more so, it is the century in which God will finish Satan’s fate, and in which God will personally come to earth and take power. The kingdom of a millennium will be realized in the 21st century.
From many prophecies in the Bible we can absolutely see that God’s work of judgment in the last days is vast, mighty, and unstoppable. This even more enables people to see clearly from the Bible that God’s three-stage work of saving mankind is the entirety of God’s management plan to save mankind. Although much of the Bible is only a record of God’s work during the Age of Law and the Age of Grace, the prophecies of the prophets, the Lord Jesus and the Revelation all nevertheless fully revealed long ago God’s work in the last days, that is the full picture of judgment and chastisement in the Age of Kingdom, making people see clearly from the Bible the three-stage work of God’s management plan. During the last days, God uses judgment and chastisement to save mankind, classify them according to kind, and bring an end to this dark age of evil and corruption; this is a clear and undeniable fact. If a person is unable to see from the Bible God’s three-stage work of saving mankind, then he is certainly not a person who understands the Bible, and certainly not a person who knows God’s work. Just as everyone is eagerly looking forward to the coming again of the Lord Jesus, God has already long ago been incarnated and secretly come to mainland China, completely fulfilling God’s words, “But of that day and that hour knows no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father” (Mak 13:32). Almighty God has expressed millions of words one after another; in China He has formally raised the curtain for the judgment before the great white throne in the last days, and judgment has already begun in God’s house. God’s chosen people in China can finally see in God’s judgment and chastisement His appearance. It is God’s words that are testimony to His incarnation, it is the voice of the Holy Spirit that is testimony to God personally coming to earth to do the work of judgment and chastisement. God’s chosen people accept God’s judgment and chastisement, pruning and dealing, and all sorts of trials and refinements, submitting under the authority of God’s words. At the same time they experience the hunting and persecution of the great red dragon and every kind of trial and tribulation, and suffer all kinds of pain and refinements. Now God has finally conquered, saved and made complete a group of people who are of one heart and will with God. Just as Almighty God says in His own voice: “I will not lightly spare men for all that they have done. I will watch over the whole earth, and, appearing in the East of the world with righteousness, majesty, wrath, and chastisement, I will reveal Myself to the myriad hosts of humanity!” (“The Twenty-sixth Utterance” of God’s Utterances to the Entire Universe in The Word Appears in the Flesh). Clearly, the judgment before the great white throne of God in the last days has already begun, completely fulfilling and achieving all prophecies in the Bible. Let us look at how God carries out His work of judgment and chastisement in the Age of Kingdom; here it is necessary to quote Almighty God’s words to testify to God’s last days work.
Almighty God says: “When God becomes flesh this time, His work is to express His disposition, primarily through chastisement and judgment. Using this as the foundation, He brings more truth to man, shows more ways of practice, and so achieves His objective of conquering man and saving man from his corrupt disposition. This is what lies behind the work of God in the Age of Kingdom.”
from Preface to The Word Appears in the Flesh
“In undertaking His work of judgment, God does not simply make clear the nature of man with just a few words; He exposes, deals with, and prunes it over the long term. These methods of exposure, dealing, and pruning cannot be substituted with ordinary words, but with the truth that man does not possess at all. Only methods of this kind are deemed judgment; only through judgment of this kind can man be subdued and thoroughly convinced into submission to God, and moreover gain true knowledge of God. What the work of judgment brings about is man’s understanding of the true face of God and the truth about his own rebelliousness. The work of judgment allows man to gain much understanding of the will of God, of the purpose of God’s work, and of the mysteries that are incomprehensible to him. It also allows man to recognize and know his corrupt substance and the roots of his corruption, as well as to discover the ugliness of man. These effects are all brought about by the work of judgment, for the substance of this work is actually the work of opening up the truth, the way, and the life of God to all those who have faith in Him. This work is the work of judgment done by God. If you do not regard these truths with importance and constantly think of avoiding them or of finding a new way out apart from them, then I say you are a grievous sinner. If you have faith in God, yet seek not the truth or the will of God, nor do you love the way that brings you closer to God, then I say that you are one who is trying to evade judgment, and that you are a puppet and traitor who flees from the great white throne. God will not spare any of the rebellious that escape from under His eyes. Such men shall receive even more severe punishment.”
from “Christ Does the Work of Judgment With the Truth” in The Word Appears in the Flesh
“Through this work of judgment and chastisement, man will fully come to know the filthy and corrupt substance within him, and he will be able to completely change and become clean. Only in this way can man be worthy to return before the throne of God. All the work done this day is so that man can be made clean and be changed; through judgment and chastisement by the word, as well as refinement, man can cast away his corruption and be made pure. Rather than deeming this stage of work to be that of salvation, it would be more apt to say it is the work of purification. In truth, this stage is that of conquest as well as the second stage of salvation. Man is gained by God through judgment and chastisement by the word; through the use of the word to refine, judge and disclose, all of the impurities, notions, motives, and individual hopes within man’s heart are completely revealed.”
from “The Mystery of the Incarnation (4)” in The Word Appears in the Flesh
“God does the work of judgment and chastisement so that man may know Him, and for the sake of His testimony. Without His judgment of man’s corrupt disposition, man would not know His righteous disposition that allows no offense, and could not turn his old knowledge of God into a new one. For the sake of His testimony, and for the sake of His management, He makes His entirety public, thus enabling man to achieve the knowledge of God, and change his disposition, and bear resounding testimony to God through God’s public appearance. Change is achieved in the disposition of man through different kinds of God’s work; without such changes in man’s disposition, man would be unable to bear testimony to God, and could not be after God’s heart. Changes in man’s disposition signify that man has freed himself from Satan’s bondage, has freed himself from the influence of darkness, and has truly become a model and specimen of God’s work, has truly become a witness of God and someone who is after God’s heart. Today, God incarnate has come to do His work on earth, and He requires that man achieve knowledge of Him, obedience to Him, testimony to Him—know His practical and normal work, obey all of His words and work which do not accord with the conceptions of man, and bear testimony to all His work of saving man, and all the deeds He does that conquer man. Those who bear testimony to God must have a knowledge of God; only this kind of testimony is accurate, and real, and only this kind of testimony can shame Satan. God uses those who have come to know Him through undergoing His judgment and chastisement, dealing and pruning, to bear testimony to Him. He uses those who have been corrupted by Satan to bear testimony to Him, and so too does He use those whose disposition has changed, and who have thus gained His blessings, to bear testimony to Him. He does not need man to praise Him in word only, nor does He need the praise and testimony of the ilk of Satan, who have not been saved by Him. Only those who know God are qualified to bear testimony to God, and only those whose disposition has changed are qualified to bear testimony to God, and God will not allow man to intentionally bring shame upon His name.”
from “Only Those Who Know God Can Bear Testimony to God” in The Word Appears in the Flesh
“You ought to know that perfecting men, completing men, and gaining men have brought nothing but swords and smiting for their flesh, and brought endless suffering, the burning of fire, merciless judgment, chastisement, and curse, as well as boundless trials. Such is the inside story and truth of the work of managing man. However, all these things are aimed against man’s flesh, and all spearheads of hostility are mercilessly directed toward man’s flesh (for man was originally innocent). All of that is for the sake of His glory and testimony, and for His management. This is because His work is not solely for the sake of mankind, but it is for the entire plan and to fulfill His original will when He created mankind. Therefore, perhaps ninety percent of what people experience is sufferings and trials of fire, but there are very few or even no sweet and happy days which man’s flesh has yearned for, and they are even more unable to enjoy happy moments in the flesh spending beautiful evenings with God. The flesh is filthy, so what man’s flesh sees or enjoys is nothing but God’s chastisement which is not favored by man, and is as if it were lacking normal reason. This is because He will manifest His righteous disposition which is not favored by man, does not tolerate man’s offenses, and loathes enemies. God openly reveals all of His disposition through any means necessary, thereby concluding the work of His six-thousand-year battle with Satan—the work of the salvation of all of mankind and the destruction of the old Satan!”
from “The Purpose of Managing Mankind” in The Word Appears in the Flesh
“The last days have already arrived. All things will be classed according to their kind, and will be divided into different categories based on their nature. This is the time when God reveals people’s outcome and their destination. If people do not undergo chastisement and judgment, then there will be no way of revealing their disobedience and unrighteousness. Only through chastisement and judgment can the end of all things be revealed. Man only shows his true colors when he is chastised and judged. Evil shall return to evil, good shall return to good, and people shall be classified according to their kind. Through chastisement and judgment, the end of all things will be revealed, so that the evil will be punished and the good will be rewarded, and all people will become subject under the dominion of God. All the work must be achieved through righteous chastisement and judgment. Because man’s corruption has reached its peak and his disobedience has been too serious, only God’s righteous disposition, which is principally one of chastisement and judgment and is revealed during the last days, can fully transform and complete man. Only this disposition can expose evil and thus severely punish all the unrighteous.”
from “The Vision of God’s Work (3)” in The Word Appears in the Flesh
“You should see that the will and the work of God are not as simple as the creation of the heavens and earth and all things. For the work of today is to transform those who have been corrupted, who have grown extremely numb, and to purify those who were created then worked on by Satan, not to create Adam or Eve, much less to make the light or create all manner of plants and animals. His work now is to make pure all that has been corrupted by Satan so that they may be regained and become His possession and become His glory. Such work is not as simple as man imagines the creation of the heavens and earth and all things to be, and it is not akin to the work of cursing Satan to the bottomless pit as man imagines. Rather, it is to transform man, to turn that which is negative into the positive and to take into His possession that which does not belong to Him. This is the inside story of this stage of God’s work. You must realize it, and should not oversimplify matters. The work of God is unlike any ordinary work. Its marvel cannot be conceived by the mind of man, and its wisdom cannot be attained by such. God is not creating all things, and He is not destroying them. Rather, He is changing all of His creation and purifying all things that have been defiled by Satan. Therefore, God shall commence work of great magnitude, and this is the total significance of the work of God. From these words, do you believe that the work of God is so simple?”
from “Is the Work of God So Simple as Man Imagines?” in The Word Appears in the Flesh
“Do you understand now what is judgment and what is truth? If you have understood, then I exhort you to submit obediently to being judged, otherwise you shall never have the opportunity to be commended by God or to be brought by Him into His kingdom. Those who only accept judgment but can never be purified, that is, those who flee in the midst of the work of judgment, shall forever be detested and rejected by God. Their sins are more numerous, and more grievous, than those of the Pharisees, for they have betrayed God and are rebels against God. Such men who are not worthy even to do service shall receive more severe punishment, a punishment that is moreover everlasting. God shall not spare any traitor who once evinced loyalty with words but then betrayed Him. Men like these shall receive retribution through punishment of the spirit, soul, and body. Is this not precisely a revelation of the righteous disposition of God? Is this not God’s purpose in judging man, and revealing him? God consigns all those who perform all kinds of wicked deeds during the time of judgment to a place infested with evil spirits, letting these evil spirits destroy their fleshly bodies at will. Their bodies give off the stench of corpses, and such is their fitting retribution. God writes down in their record books each and every one of the sins of those disloyal false believers, false apostles, and false workers; then, when the time is right, He casts them amidst the unclean spirits, letting these unclean spirits defile their entire bodies at will, so that they may never be reincarnated and never again see the light. Those hypocrites who did service at one time but are unable to remain loyal to the end are numbered by God among the wicked, so that they walk in the counsel of the wicked and become part of their disorderly rabble; in the end, God shall annihilate them. God casts aside and takes no notice of those who have never been loyal to Christ or dedicated any effort, and shall annihilate them all in the change of ages. They shall no longer exist on earth, much less gain passage into the kingdom of God. Those who have never been sincere to God but are forced by circumstance into dealing with Him perfunctorily are numbered among those who do service for His people. Only a small number of such men can survive, while the majority shall perish along with those who are not qualified even to do service. Finally, God shall bring into His kingdom all those who are of the same mind as God, the people and the sons of God as well as those predestined by God to be priests. Such is the distillate obtained by God through His work. As for those who are unable to fall into any of the categories set by God, they shall be numbered among the unbelievers. And you can surely imagine what their outcome shall be. I have already said to you all that I should say; the road that you choose shall be your decision to make. What you should understand is this: The work of God never waits for any that cannot keep pace with Him, and the righteous disposition of God shows no mercy to any man.”
from “Christ Does the Work of Judgment With the Truth” in The Word Appears in the Flesh
“That you are able to accept the judgment, chastisement, smiting, and refinement of God’s words, and, moreover, are able to accept God’s commissions, was predestined by God at the beginning of time, and thus you must not be too distressed when you are chastised. No one can take away the work that has been done in you, and the blessings that have been bestowed within you, and no one can take away all that has been given to you. People of religion brook no comparison with you. You are not possessed of great expertise in the Bible, and are not equipped with religious theory, but because God has worked within you, you have gained more than anyone throughout the ages—and so this is your greatest blessing. Because of this, you must be even more dedicated to God, and even more loyal to God. Because God raises you up, you must bolster your efforts, and must ready your stature to accept the commissions of God. You must stand firm in the place God has given you, pursue becoming one of the people of God, accept the training of the kingdom, be gained by God and ultimately become a glorious testimony to God. How many of these resolves do you possess? If you are possessed of such resolves, then ultimately you are sure to be gained by God, and will become a glorious testimony to God. You should understand that the principal commission is being gained by God and becoming a glorious testimony to God. This is the will of God.”
from “Know the Newest Work of God and Follow the Footsteps of God” in The Word Appears in the Flesh
From the above several paragraphs of God’s words, we can clearly see that God’s judgment work in the last days is the work of purifying man, saving man, and perfecting man. The work of judgment is first conquering man, and then perfecting man. Only after being conquered can one truly obey God’s work, pursue the truth and enter the correct path of believing in God, and gradually be made perfect by God. Only people who have been conquered by God’s words can truly prostrate themselves before God, generate a heart that reveres God and obey God’s work. Only people who have been conquered by God’s words can know that God’s disposition absolutely does not brook offense. Only such people can truly know that mankind’s corruption runs deep, that they are of the type that rebels against God and resists God, that they are filled with satanic disposition, and incessantly and impulsively rebel against and resist God. Only people who have been conquered by God’s words can see clearly that corrupt mankind is unworthy to meet with God; they can only be conscientious and well behaved in accepting God’s judgment and chastisement, to obtain purification and attain salvation. Only this is a person who truly turns toward God, and obeys God’s work. It is only after being conquered that a person can begin to pursue the truth and obey God’s work in order to enter the right path of believing in God, and afterward attain the salvation and perfection of God. Regarding this, the following several paragraphs of Almighty God’s words are very clear:
1. “You should know My intent is to completely extinguish and reduce to ruin the evil one of mankind, so that it can no longer rebel against Me, much less have a breath to interrupt or disturb My work. Thus, as far as people are concerned, it means to be conquering.”
from “What a Real Man Means” in The Word Appears in the Flesh
2. “So, what is the main method of conquest? Chastisement, judgment, casting curses, and revealing—using the righteous disposition to conquer people so that they are utterly convinced, being filled with conviction in their hearts and mouths because of God’s righteous disposition. To use the reality of the word and to use the authority of the word to conquer people and convince them fully—this is what it means to be conquered.”
from “Only the Perfected Can Live a Meaningful Life” in The Word Appears in the Flesh
3. “The work of conquest achieves its effect by taking away the fate and prospects of man and judging and chastising the rebellious disposition of man. It is not achieved by doing a deal with man, that is, by giving man blessings and grace, but by revealing man’s loyalty through stripping him of his freedom and eradicating his prospects. This is the substance of the work of conquest.”
from “Restoring the Normal Life of Man and Taking Him to a Wonderful Destination” in The Word Appears in the Flesh
4. “The result to be achieved from conquering work is primarily for man’s flesh to stop rebelling, that is, for man’s mind to gain a new understanding of God, his heart to thoroughly obey God, and for him to resolve to be for God. How a person’s temperament or flesh changes does not determine whether he has been conquered. Rather, it is when your thinking, your consciousness, and your sense change—that is, when your whole mental attitude changes—that you have been conquered by God. When you have resolved to obey and have adopted a new mentality, when you no longer bring any of your own notions or intentions to God’s words and work, and when your brain can think normally, that is, when you can exert yourself for God with all your heart—this kind of person is someone who is fully conquered.”
from “The Inside Truth of the Conquering Work (3)” in The Word Appears in the Flesh
5. “The inner meaning of man’s conquest is the return of the embodiment of Satan, man who has been corrupted by Satan, to the Creator following his conquest, through which he will forsake Satan and completely return to God. In this way, man will have been completely saved. And so, the work of conquest is the last work in the battle against Satan, and the final stage in God’s management for the sake of Satan’s defeat. Without this work, the full salvation of man would ultimately be impossible, the utter defeat of Satan would also be impossible, and mankind would never be able to enter the wonderful destination, or get free from Satan’s influence. Consequently, the work of salvation of man cannot be concluded before the battle with Satan is concluded, for the core of the work of God’s management is for the sake of mankind’s salvation.”
from “Restoring the Normal Life of Man and Taking Him to a Wonderful Destination” in The Word Appears in the Flesh
6. “The final stage of conquering is meant to save people and also to reveal people’s endings. It is to disclose people’s degeneration through judgment and thereby get them to repent, rise up, and pursue life and the right path of human life. It is to wake up the hearts of the numb and obtuse people and to show, through judgment, their inner rebelliousness. However, if people are still unable to repent, still unable to pursue the right path of human life and unable to cast off these corruptions, then they will become unrescuable objects for Satan to swallow up. This is the significance of conquering—to save people and also to show their endings. Good endings, bad endings—they are all revealed by the conquering work. Whether people will be saved or cursed is all revealed during the conquering work.”
from “The Inside Truth of the Conquering Work (1)” in The Word Appears in the Flesh
7. “In fact, perfection occurs at the same time as conquest: As you are conquered, the first effects of being made perfect are also achieved. Where there is a difference between being conquered and being made perfect, it is according to the degree of change in people. Being conquered is the first step of being made perfect, and does not mean that they have been completely made perfect, nor prove that they have been completely gained by God. After people have been conquered, there are some changes in their disposition, but such changes fall far short of those in people who have been completely gained by God.”
from “The Inside Truth of the Conquering Work (2)” in The Word Appears in the Flesh
8. “What the work of judgment brings about is man’s understanding of the true face of God and the truth about his own rebelliousness. The work of judgment allows man to gain much understanding of the will of God, of the purpose of God’s work, and of the mysteries that are incomprehensible to him. It also allows man to recognize and know his corrupt substance and the roots of his corruption, as well as to discover the ugliness of man. These effects are all brought about by the work of judgment, for the substance of this work is actually the work of opening up the truth, the way, and the life of God to all those who have faith in Him. This work is the work of judgment done by God.”
from “Christ Does the Work of Judgment With the Truth” in The Word Appears in the Flesh
9. “The function of My judgment is to enable man better to obey Me, and the function of My chastisement is to allow man more effectively to be changed. Although what I do is for the sake of My management, I have never done anything that was without benefit to man. That is because I want to make all the nations outside of Israel just as obedient as the Israelites, and to make them into real men, so that I will have a foothold in the lands outside of Israel. This is My management; it is the work I am accomplishing among the Gentile nations.”
from “The Work of Spreading the Gospel Is Also the Work of Saving Man” in The Word Appears in the Flesh
10. “What I’m saying today is to judge people’s sins and their unrighteousness; it is to curse people’s rebelliousness. Their deceit and crookedness, and their words and actions, all things that are not in line with His will undergo judgment, and people’s rebelliousness is condemned as sinful. He speaks according to the principles of judgment, and He reveals His righteous disposition through judging their unrighteousness, cursing their rebelliousness, and exposing all of their ugly faces.”
from “How the Second Step of the Work of Conquering Bears Fruit” in The Word Appears in the Flesh
11. “God has not come to kill, or destroy, but to judge, curse, chastise, and save. Prior to the conclusion of His 6,000-year management plan—before He makes plain the end of each category of man—God’s work on earth is for the sake of salvation, it is all in order to make those who love Him totally complete, and bring them into submission to His dominion. No matter how God saves people, it is all done by making them break away from their old satanic nature; that is, He saves them by making them seek life. If they do not seek life then they will have no way to accept God’s salvation.”
from “You Should Put Aside the Blessings of Status and Understand God’s Will for the Salvation of Man” in The Word Appears in the Flesh
12. “In the last days, Christ uses a variety of truths to teach man, expose the essence of man, and dissect his words and deeds. These words comprise various truths, such as man’s duty, how man should obey God, how man should be loyal to God, how man ought to live out the normal humanity, as well as the wisdom and the disposition of God, and so on. These words are all directed at the essence of man and his corrupt disposition. In particular, those words that expose how man spurns God are spoken in regard to how man is an embodiment of Satan and an enemy force against God.”
from “Christ Does the Work of Judgment With the Truth” in The Word Appears in the Flesh
13. “Eventually, all nations shall be blessed because of My words, and also smashed to pieces because of My words. In this way, all people during the last days shall see that I am the Savior returned, I am the Almighty God that conquers all of mankind, and I was once the sin offering for man, but in the last days I also become the flames of the sun that burn all things, as well as the Sun of righteousness that reveals all things. Such is My work of the last days.”
from “The Savior Has Already Returned Upon a ‘White Cloud’” in The Word Appears in the Flesh
The result of God’s judgment and chastisement of mankind is first conquest, and then perfection; this is indeed the work of saving mankind. Clearly, God’s judgment in the last days has much meaning for the salvation of corrupt mankind. People who have experienced God’s work of judgment and chastisement already see it clearly: Those who are fortunate enough to experience God’s judgment and chastisement in the last days are really the most blessed people of all. All those people who have truly experienced God’s judgment and chastisement have achieved the following ten results:
1. God’s judgment allows people to be sincerely convinced, to know that only by God’s judgment and chastisement in the last days can they truly be saved and perfected.
2. God’s judgment allows people to know that the true state and the essential nature of corrupt mankind is truly Satan’s descendants in resistance against God.
3. God’s judgment allows people to see completely clearly the true face of the great red dragon, the satanic demon, and to hate and forsake the great red dragon and truly turn toward God.
4. God’s judgment allows people to see with absolute clarity the root of darkness and evil in the world; mankind’s corruption is so deep that they have become demons, and have little humanity.
5. God’s judgment makes people understand many truths, and allows people to have great faith, to throw down everything and expend for God with all of their heart, and to do their utmost in their duties.
6. God’s judgment makes people thirst for pursuing and obtaining the truth, and resolve to pursue the truth, know God and live out a true life.
7. God’s judgment allows people to see clearly that God loves honest people, and it is only those people who throw off crookedness and deceitfulness and pursue to be honest that have the true likeness of man.
8. Judgment allows people to know that it is only loving God that is most meaningful; only by loving God can one fulfill one’s duty and be loyal to God, and fit with Christ.
9. God’s judgment makes people know that obtaining the truth is the most precious; only when one obtains the truth does one have life, and only when one obtains truth does one attain God’s approval.
10. Judgment makes all people know God’s righteous disposition and God’s wisdom and almightiness; they can wholeheartedly expend for God, and be at the mercy of God.
Clearly, what God’s judgment and chastisement brings to people is salvation and perfection. It is God’s truer love, and more complete love. God’s judgment and chastisement in the last days truly has so much significance for the salvation and perfection of mankind. It is only the work of judgment and chastisement that can truly make people turn toward God and obey God’s work, and truly hate and forsake the great red dragon and live out the true likeness of man. Only a person who has experienced God’s judgment and chastisement in the last days can truly know God, can truly love God, can become compatible with God, can forever obey and worship God, and never again resist or betray God. Only this is the meaning of attaining salvation. Without God’s judgment and chastisement in the last days, mankind could never truly know the true state and substance of mankind’s corruption by Satan. Mankind could never truly know the root of darkness and evil in the world, and mankind could never hate or rebel against the great red dragon; mankind could never break free of Satan’s dark influence. Without God’s judgment and chastisement in the last days, mankind would be forever unknowing of God’s righteous disposition. Without God’s judgment and chastisement in the last days, mankind would be forever unable to obtain the truth and become new people, to enter the kingdom of God. It is only God’s judgment and chastisement that can save mankind, and lead mankind to enter their true destination. Because mankind’s corruption is so deep, even if one believes in Jesus, and is forgiven for their sins and enjoys much grace of God, due to their nature of resisting God they will still resist God and betray God. Thus, they can never truly break free of Satan’s influence and attain salvation. We can all clearly see, within religion although those people who believe in Jesus may eagerly bear testimony that Jesus is the Savior, they do not know God’s righteous disposition. They may still, in the last days when Christ comes again, resist God’s last days work, judge and convict the true way, deny God’s return, and even crucify Christ again. Thus, if one only experiences God’s redemption during the Age of Grace yet does not experience judgment and chastisement during the time of Jesus coming again, this kind of person is not someone who abides by the will of the heavenly Father, and is not eligible to enter the heavenly kingdom. Because people still have not resolved their nature of resisting God and are still lacking too many truths, they are still far from knowing and obeying God. Especially during the time of God coming and doing the last days work, they are still judging and convicting His last days work, playing the role of Satan resisting God, and becoming an enemy of Christ. Clearly, those who do not accept the work of Jesus coming again and have not gained the truth as their life are not truly saved. Thus, corrupt mankind needs the salvation of God incarnate; that is, they must experience God’s judgment and chastisement during the last days to attain true knowledge of and obedience to God. Only this kind of person is one who abides by the will of the heavenly Father, and can attain God’s praise and enter the heavenly kingdom; this is without doubt.
All people who have experienced God’s last days work can clearly see that only when deeply corrupted mankind experiences God’s judgment and chastisement will they be able to attain true knowledge of God’s righteous disposition, and obtain changes in life disposition. Only in this way can mankind follow the will of the heavenly Father, exert all their effort for the utmost expansion of the kingdom gospel, and have a share in the adversities, kingdom and patience of Christ. Only in this way can mankind be eligible to enter the kingdom of heaven. The backwardness and corruption of all those believers in the Lord Jesus who have not accepted God’s judgment and chastisement of the last days and remain in the Age of Grace are mainly expressed in the following ten aspects:
1. Although they believe in their heart that there is a God, admit that all people have sin, and often pray and confess their guilt, they do not have true repentance or change.
2. They only stress love to people but have no principle of truth, going so far as to love demons, Satan, and evil spirits. Their love is a confused love.
3. They do not know the true state of their corruption and the substance of their nature, only acknowledging the sin but not clearly seeing the substance; they cannot truly know themselves.
4. They cannot clearly see the substance of the darkness and evil of the age, and even follow the world trend of evil; they have no way to break free of Satan’s influence.
5. They believe in God and worship priests and famous people, they believe in God nominally but actually follow people and are subject to the control of people; they stubbornly and blindly believe in the Bible and walk the path of antichrists.
6. They think that God is only merciful and loving, that no matter how many sins people commit God will forgive them; they do not know that God’s disposition also has righteousness, judgment, and wrath.
7. They only understand the letters and sentences of the Bible, but do not understand God’s will; they love to follow rules, and can also quote words and sentences from the Bible out of context fallaciously.
8. They cannot treat the Bible correctly according to historical fact, they take the apostles’ words as God’s words, causing the rise of separate sects and denominations and bringing utter chaos.
9. They do not know the work of the Holy Spirit, even treating the work of evil spirits as the work of the Holy Spirit, so that evil spirits disturb and damage the church and mislead people.
10. They worship the Bible as though it is God, use the Bible to delimit God, judge God, and resist God, do not seek the truth, and even less so seek God’s appearance.
The above ten manifestations are enough to explain that believers in the Lord Jesus who remain in the Age of Grace have long fallen behind the pace of God’s work. They have not the slightest bit of life growth, and remain in the early stages of belief in God. They believe in God yet do not know God, they still resist and betray God, even going so far as to become an enemy of God. They have not at all broken free of Satan’s influence and reached the standard of salvation. This really is a pitiful tragedy! Think about the Age of Grace, when deeply corrupted humankind nailed the Lord Jesus to the cross. What exactly was the nature of their action? To be able to turn the Lord Jesus, who spread the way of the kingdom of heaven, over to the devil, and on top of that to say also that it was necessary to nail the Lord Jesus to the cross, that they would rather free a robber and crucify the Lord Jesus: Was such a corrupt humankind not demonic? Only demons could hate God so much that they are at deadly feud with God. The chief priests, scribes, and so many followers—who at that time shouted in unison that the Lord Jesus must be crucified—could only have been a crowd of demons that hated God, isn’t that so? Now don’t most pastors and leaders in the religious community, along with many believers, also condemn Almighty God with one voice? Are these not demons that are opposing God? Especially now, when the great red dragon madly resists and condemns God’s work, the religious community also takes the side of the great red dragon, and even joins hands together with it to resist God, condemn God, and blaspheme God. The human race is thus witnessing the religious community and the great red dragon are united together in Satan’s camp. The religious community has long turned into an accomplice of Satan, which thoroughly reveals that the essence of the religious community’s “serving God” is, in fact, resisting God, which completely proves the words of the Lord Jesus that revealed and judged the Pharisees. This is precisely the essence of the corruption and evil of the religious community today. The resistance to God of the religious community today equals or surpasses that of the religious community at the time of the Lord Jesus. They are a demonic group opposing Christ that God has rejected and condemned, and they belong completely to the evil forces of Satan. From this it is evident that the corruption of the human race has reached an extreme where it can actually once again crucify Christ, who in the last days is delivering truth and passing judgment. This is enough to show that the human race has been so corrupted by Satan that it has turned into demons. God’s work of judgment and chastisement in the last days is to change these people who have been corrupted by Satan and turned into demons into people; this is such difficult work. Thus God’s utilizing method of judgment and chastisement in the last days to save mankind is truly the most appropriate. Corrupt mankind is suitable only for the salvation of God’s judgment and chastisement. Corrupt mankind is no longer simply rebelling against and resisting God, but rather has already become a hostile force to God, become God’s enemies and Satan’s descendants who resist God. Therefore, corrupt mankind, especially the religious world, can only regard Christ, who expresses the truth to save people, as an absolutely irreconcilable enemy, and cannot wait to again crucify Him, only then being able to vent their hatred. Is having no judgment and chastisement for such corrupt mankind acceptable? It is absolutely not acceptable. Because mankind is so fiendish, and so venomous, it has already become Satan’s descendant and a stubborn, evil force hostile to God. Thus, to say that corrupt mankind is the devil is apt without the slightest bit of exaggeration. In fact, the judgment and chastisement of God in the last days are the work of bringing Satan’s destiny to an end. Is it likely that God will show leniency to these demonic antichrists of the religious community that is at deadly feud with the real God incarnate of the last days? Everyone can wait and see what a sight it will be when the nations and peoples of the world witness the public appearance of God. Why will the peoples wail? Then the truth will be brought into daylight!
Now Almighty God is still looking forward to the return of all believers in Jesus, and patiently waiting for all those who sincerely believe in God to come back. Almighty God says: “If people remain in the Age of Grace, then they shall never be free of their corrupt disposition, let alone know the inherent disposition of God. If people always live among an abundance of grace but are without the way of life that allows them to know God and satisfy God, then they shall never truly gain Him though they believe in Him. What a pitiful form of belief that is. When you have finished reading this book, when you have experienced each step of the work of God incarnate in the Age of Kingdom, you will feel that the hopes of many years have finally been realized. You will feel that only now have you truly seen God face-to-face; only now have you gazed upon the face of God, heard the personal utterance of God, appreciated the wisdom of God’s work, and truly sensed how real and almighty God is. You will sense that you have gained many things that people of times past have never seen or possessed. At this time, you will clearly know what it is to believe in God, and what it is to be after God’s heart. Of course, if you cling to views of the past, and reject or deny the fact of the second incarnation of God, then you shall remain empty-handed and acquire nothing, and ultimately be guilty of opposing God. Those who obey the truth and submit to the work of God shall come under the name of the second incarnate God—the Almighty. They will be able to accept the personal guidance of God, and shall acquire more and higher truth and receive the real human life. They shall behold the vision that people of the past have never seen: ‘And I turned to see the voice that spoke with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; And in the middle of the seven candlesticks one like to the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the breasts with a golden girdle. His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; And his feet like to fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp two edged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shines in his strength’ (Revelation 1:12-16). This vision is the expression of God’s entire disposition, and such an expression of His entire disposition is also the expression of the work of God when He becomes flesh this time. In the torrents of chastisements and judgments, the Son of man expresses His inherent disposition through the speaking of words, allowing all those who accept His chastisement and judgment to see the true face of the Son of man, a face that is a faithful depiction of the face of the Son of man seen by John. (Of course, all this will be invisible to those who do not accept the work of God in the Age of Kingdom.) The true face of God cannot be fully articulated using the words of man, and so God uses the expression of His inherent disposition to show His true face to man. Which is to say that all those who have experienced the inherent disposition of the Son of man have seen the true face of the Son of man, for God is too great and cannot be fully articulated using the words of man. Once man has experienced each step of God’s work in the Age of Kingdom, then he shall know the true meaning of John’s words when he spoke of the Son of man among the lampstands: ‘His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; And his feet like to fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp two edged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shines in his strength.’ At that time, you shall know beyond all doubt that this ordinary flesh that has spoken so many words is really the second incarnate God. And you shall truly sense how blessed you are, and feel yourself the most fortunate. Would you be unwilling to accept this blessing?” (Preface to The Word Appears in the Flesh).
Today in mainland China most religious people who believe in the Lord Jesus have returned to Almighty God, gaining the full salvation of God in the last days. As is evident, the wise virgins and foolish virgins have been revealed within the religious community. All those who are wise virgins have accepted the second coming of the Lord Jesus—Almighty God’s work in the last days. They are the precious ones that have been “stolen” back to the house of God where they have gained God’s salvation and perfection to become the overcomers perfected by God before the disaster. What great good fortune this is! People who accept the work of God’s hidden advent belong among the wise virgins, because these people believe in Almighty God by discovering the truth and confirming it is the true way through listening to the voice of God. That is the implied meaning of “wise.” Those wise virgins were suddenly “stolen” without them knowing it, creating a widespread uproar, when in reality they were caught up to God. This is true. The Bible predicts that in the last days God will come again “as a thief.” This is the undisclosed second coming of the Lord. To the religious community the Lord comes to “steal” that which is precious, “stealing” only the people who are “precious metals and gem stones.” This shows that all people who are “stolen” are of good quality, able to understand and accept the truth. They are people who recognize God’s voice and therefore are caught up to God to receive God’s perfection. So it is perfectly true here that being “stolen” really is being raised up to meet the Lord! At the time that God appears openly these secrets will be revealed. The Lord Jesus said: “However, when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth” (Jhn 16:13). This even more refers to God’s work in the last days. I hope that all religious people who sincerely believe in God will be wise virgins and study the true way, accept the true way, and return before the practical God, Christ of the last days. If you wait until God appears openly before accepting Him, you will regret that you are too late. Just as the Lord Jesus said to Thomas, “Because you have seen me, you have believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed” (Jhn 20:29).
The Lord Jesus promised mankind in the Age of Grace that He would come again, thus mankind is looking forward to welcoming the Lord Jesus when He returns in the last days. Nobody thought that when God returned, deeply corrupted mankind could actually hate Christ and hate the truth with such ferocity, and could crucify Christ again in the last days. This is the second time that corrupt mankind has come into contact and collision with God; mankind has again committed the monstrous evil of crucifying Christ, who is the Savior of mankind. Is this not worth people’s profound reflection? Condemnation of Christ’s work of judgment in the last days, this is the most serious crime of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. If the religious world does not have true repentance, then its outcome is self-evident. The first time that mankind came into contact and collision with God was in the Age of Grace. The time of God’s first incarnation was when the Lord Jesus came to the world of man and began the work of preaching, and He was crucified alive by the fiendish Jewish religious world of that time, which committed this monstrous evil. When all believers in God from the religious world are preparing to welcome God’s return in the last days, God incarnates Himself on the Chinese mainland by invitation; soon after judgment begins in God’s house at first. The incarnate Almighty God is convicted by the entire religious world and the great red dragon. In the religious world the call to crucify Christ in the last days is higher; fortunately God’s incarnation in the last days comes to do the work of judgment and chastisement, rather than the work of redemption. Satan’s plot to seize and kill God did not prevail, but in essence the same tragedy of the crucifixion of Christ has been reenacted. That is, the religious world and the great red dragon together convict God’s work, fabricate many lies to judge, convict and blaspheme God, everywhere pursue and capture Christ and the man used by the Holy Spirit, and commit heinous crimes. This is the second time of corrupt mankind coming into contact and collision with God. The facts are enough to prove that in the last days, mankind is already corrupt in the extreme; it should be when God’s righteous disposition is completely revealed. Mankind’s evil and corruption in the last days is worse than Sodom, fulfilling the prediction of Jesus: “But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.” People are all busy with eating, drinking and marrying, advocating being evil and licentious in nature, that they have already offended God and made Him angry. If people do not accept God’s judgment and chastisement in the last days, then they will absolutely not be able to attain salvation. This is because the religious world’s pastors, leaders, and people who have been deceived and controlled by them, have been judging and convicting God’s work, and doing their utmost to deny Christ of the last days. This is already crucifying Christ again; what qualifications and face does such a person as this, who hates the truth and is hostile to God, have to await rapture? This fulfills exactly the words of the Lord Jesus: “Not every one that said to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that does the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in your name? and in your name have cast out devils? and in your name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess to them, I never knew you: depart from me, you that work iniquity.” “He that rejects me, and receives not my words, has one that judges him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.” This “judge him in the last day” means all the work of judgment that the Lord Jesus will do when He comes again. The people who remain in the Age of Grace believing in God all absurdly thought that God’s work of redemption was the last stage in God’s work to save mankind. Because of this, God will not do the work of judgment and chastisement; this is really a false understanding of the Bible and a judgment on God’s work. All of the prophecies the Lord Jesus made in the Age of Grace have already been fulfilled and achieved in God’s last days work. If the work of redemption of the Age of Grace was God’s last work of salvation, then why does the Lord Jesus say that He must return? Jesus is returning to fulfill and achieve all of the prophecies He spoke of during the Age of Grace, to use judgment and chastisement to save people and help them break free of Satan’s influence, and enable people to truly turn toward God. He is returning to solve the problem of sinful natures which confused people and made people repeatedly commit sins and confess them, unable to stop themselves or extricate themselves in the Age of Grace. He is returning to change people’s dispositions, to make people truly know God and obey God to attain compatibility with God. It is to classify each person according to their type and bring to an end this age of darkness and evil. Only in this way can God bring saints into His kingdom. Only this is the true meaning of God doing His work of salvation. If God’s work cannot attain this kind of result in the end, then God’s prophecy will not be truly fulfilled and achieved, and God’s management plan to save mankind will not be able to be completed. Thus, God’s management plan to save mankind absolutely cannot have a mere two stages of work before completion. It must have God’s last days work of judging and chastising people, classifying each according to their own type. Only in this way can God’s management plan to save mankind be completed, and can God win total victory in His war with Satan and be truly glorified.
To believe in God, one must accept His work of judgment and chastisement in the last days. Only this way can one obtain the whole truth that God bestows upon mankind for their life. Only in this way can one attain salvation and break free of Satan’s influence, and attain knowledge of God, obedience to God, and worship of God. Otherwise, people have no way to obtain the truth, and receive God’s praise. Almighty God’s words explain very clearly: “Christ of the last days brings life, and brings the enduring and everlasting way of truth. This truth is the path through which man shall gain life, and the only path by which man shall know God and be approved by God. If you do not seek the way of life provided by Christ of the last days, then you shall never gain the approval of Jesus, and shall never be qualified to enter the gate of the kingdom of heaven, for you are both a puppet and prisoner of history.” “Those who wish to gain life without relying on the truth spoken by Christ are the most ridiculous people on earth, and those who do not accept the way of life brought by Christ are lost in fantasy. And so I say that the people who do not accept Christ of the last days shall forever be despised by God. Christ is man’s gateway to the kingdom during the last days, which none may bypass. None may be perfected by God except through Christ. You believe in God, and so you must accept His words and obey His way. You must not just think of gaining blessings without receiving the truth, or accepting the provision of life. Christ comes during the last days so that all those who truly believe in Him may be provided with life. His work is for the sake of concluding the old age and entering the new one, and is the path that must be taken by all those who would enter the new age. If you are incapable of acknowledging Him, and instead condemn, blaspheme or even persecute Him, then you are bound to burn for eternity, and shall never enter the kingdom of God. For this Christ is Himself the expression of the Holy Spirit, the expression of God, the One whom God has entrusted to do His work on earth. And so I say that if you cannot accept all that is done by Christ of the last days, then you blaspheme the Holy Spirit. The retribution that should be suffered by those who blaspheme the Holy Spirit is self-evident to all. I also tell you that if you oppose Christ of the last days, and deny Him, then there is no one who can bear the consequences on your behalf. Furthermore, from this day onward you will not have another chance to gain the approval of God; even if you try to redeem yourself, you will never again behold the face of God. For what you oppose is not a man, what you deny is not some puny being, but Christ. Are you aware of this consequence? You have not made a small mistake, but committed a heinous crime. And so I advise everyone not to bare your fangs before the truth, or make careless criticisms, for only the truth can bring you life, and nothing except the truth can allow you to be reborn and behold the face of God” (“Only Christ of the Last Days Can Give Man the Way of Eternal Life” in The Word Appears in the Flesh).
Now God’s chosen people in China have experienced His last days work of judgment and chastisement; they have all entered the correct path of belief in God, and have already laid a foundation along the true way. God has utilized the great red dragon as a foil and a serving object in the last days work and the war with Satan. At the same time He has also utilized the performance of every kind of false leader, antichrist and evil spirit to allow God’s chosen people to have a rich experience. This is like attending Christ’s sumptuous feast and obtaining God’s kindness. In particular, God’s chosen people have experienced much of the war of justice and evil, and have had their outlooks broadened, and their knowledge widened; they have understood many truths, and have also mastered many principles in practice; they have finally entered the reality of truth. All those people who pursue the truth understand what is resisting God and what is obeying God, what is wholeheartedly expending for God and what is fulfilling one’s duties up to standard, what is corrupt humanity and what is normal humanity. They understand what is true love and what is hypocrisy, what is words and doctrines and what is the reality of truth, what is loving God and what is deception, what stems from God and what stems from Satan, what are positive things and what are negative things. They understand what is light, and what is dark, what belongs to God and what belongs to Satan, what is compatible with God and what opposes God, what it is to break free of Satan’s influence and what it is to truly attain salvation, what are false leaders and antichrists and what it is to know God, and serve God. They understand many such things that must be faced in believing in God. These real problems are all solved when one experiences God’s judgment and chastisement. Now, God’s hidden work on mainland China has entered the final stage of expanding the kingdom gospel. God’s chosen people are all pursuing the truth, working hard to fulfill their duties, preparing good deeds, and doing their utmost to spread the gospel and bear witness to God, so as to welcome God’s public appearance with beautiful and resounding testimony. This is enough to show that God has already triumphed over Satan; God’s hidden work on mainland China will end in glory. God will soon be publicly revealed to all countries and all places, to all nations and all peoples.
Knowing God’s judgment and chastisement in the last days is truly of great significance for people to believe in God to attain salvation and be made perfect. What on earth judgment and chastisement is, God’s words have already explained very clearly. God expresses the truth and enacts judgment and chastisement. According to the substance of mankind’s corruption He uses the truth to expose, to judge and to convict people, and make people understand the truth, know themselves and produce true repentance. This is the result of judgment and chastisement. God created all things and dominates everything; this is God’s authority. Since God permits Satan to corrupt mankind, He has the power to judge and chastise corrupt mankind. God even more so has the ability to save and bring back mankind from under the domain of Satan. This is precisely where God’s wisdom and almightiness to defeat Satan lies. Only in this way can mankind be saved, and Satan’s destiny be brought to an end, making mankind forever turn toward God, become a mankind that obeys and worships God, and obtain a true destination. This fulfills the words of Almighty God: “Those who are able to stand firm during God’s work of judgment and chastisement during the last days—that is, during the final work of cleansing—will be those who will enter into the final rest with God; therefore, those who enter into rest will all have broken free of Satan’s influence and been obtained by God only after having undergone His final cleansing work. These people who have been ultimately obtained by God will enter into the final rest. The essence of God’s work of chastisement and judgment is to cleanse humanity, and it is for the day of final rest. Otherwise, the whole of humanity will not be able to follow their own kind or enter into rest. This work is humanity’s only path to enter into rest” (“God and Man Will Enter Into Rest Together” in The Word Appears in the Flesh).
After we experience God’s judgment and chastisement we can see a fact that the source of truth is God, and the source of all things positive is God. Wherever there is the disruption and corruption of Satan and the sin of resisting God, there God’s judgment and chastisement are certain to follow. Wherever there is God’s judgment, there is the appearance of truth and the revelation of God’s disposition. Truth and God’s disposition are revealed during God’s judgment and chastisement. Only where there is truth are there judgment and chastisement; only where there are judgment and chastisement is there the revelation of God’s righteous disposition. Therefore, wherever there are God’s judgment and chastisement there we find the footprints of God’s work, and that is the truest way to seek God’s appearance. Only God has the authority to pass judgment, and only Christ has the power to judge corrupt humankind. This confirms and demonstrates that the Son of man—Christ—is the Lord of judgment. Without God’s judgment and chastisement humans have no means to gain the truth, and judgment and chastisement are what reveal God’s righteous disposition, providing humans with the opportunity to know God. The process by which humans understand the truth is the process by which they know God. The truth for corrupt humankind is judgment, scrutiny, and chastisement. What the truth reveals is precisely God’s righteousness, majesty, and wrath. People who understand the truth can throw off corruption and break free from Satan’s influence. This is completely down to the power and almightiness of God’s words. God saves people and perfects people to let people understand the truth, to gain the truth. The more people understand the truth, the more they also know God. In this way people can eliminate corruption and become holy. When people live out the truth and enter the reality of the truth, they are living in light, living in love, and living before God. This is the result that Christ achieves by delivering the truth and passing judgment. In fact, all words that are God’s are the truth and are judgment of the human race. No matter in what era, the words that God has spoken have the effect of judgment. In the Age of Law Jehovah God’s words were judgment of corrupt humankind. In the Age of Grace, the words spoken by the Lord Jesus were judgment of corrupt humankind. Now in the Age of Kingdom, when in the last days God carries out the work of judgment and chastisement, all that Almighty God says is judgment and chastisement, pruning, dealing, trial and refinement, which in the end will make the human race able to see that Almighty God’s judgment and chastisement of humankind is God’s greatest love. What God’s judgment and chastisement deliver to the human race is salvation, is perfection. Only by accepting and obeying God’s judgment and chastisement does one gain God’s true love and full salvation. All those people who refuse to accept God’s judgment and chastisement will be subjected to God’s punishment and sink into destruction and perdition. Just as God’s words say: “If do not seek the way of life provided by Christ of the last days, then you shall never gain the approval of Jesus, and shall never be qualified to enter the gate of the kingdom of heaven, for you are both a puppet and prisoner of history. Those who are controlled by regulations, by letters, and shackled by history will never be able to gain life, and will never be able to gain the perpetual way of life. That is because all they have is turbid water that has lain stagnant for thousands of years, instead of the water of life that flows from the throne. Those who are not supplied with the water of life will forever remain corpses, playthings of Satan, and sons of hell” (“Only Christ of the Last Days Can Give Man the Way of Eternal Life” in The Word Appears in the Flesh).
“The work of God is like mightily surging waves. No one can detain Him, and no one can halt His footsteps. Only those who listen carefully to His words, and who seek and thirst for Him, can follow His footsteps and receive His promise. Those who do not shall be subjected to overwhelming disaster and deserved punishment” (“God Presides Over the Fate of All Mankind” in The Word Appears in the Flesh).
April 15, 2013