Typical Cases of People from Christian Denominations and Sects and Catholic Churches in Shanxi Province Who Were Punished for Resisting Almighty God
185. Wang XX, male, aged 49, from Lanxian County, the senior leader of the local Third Redemption sect. In December 1997, Wang heard that four brothers and sisters had accepted God’s end-time gospel, and he went to disturb them and said, “Don’t listen to them. They are wrong.” But these four did not listen to him. In September 1998, someone preached the gospel to the people of his sect again. After he learned of that, he went to seal the meeting places, and said, “Don’t receive strangers.” On October 27 of the same year, on Wang’s way to the meeting, there was a driverless ore-laden truck parked on the slope. When Wang approached the truck, he saw it was sliding backward, so he quickly dodged to the side of the drainage ditch near him. But the truck seemed to deliberately chase him. When sliding to his side, it swerved and directly charged toward him. Its tailgate instantly opened and the ores in it poured clattering down on him like merciless hails. Immediately, Wang’s brains were dashed out, and he was buried in the ores. Truly, misfortune pursues the wicked!
186. Chen XX, female, aged 43, from Linxian County, a senior leader of the Three Grades of Servants Church. In June 1998, after Chen heard the testimony of God’s end-time work, she accepted. But later, disturbed by some maidservants and workers, she returned to her church. Moreover, she went everywhere to seal the meeting places, and slandered and blasphemed God’s word, saying, “How can this be God’s word? It’s similar to the Red Flag magazine; I can also write it.” On January 16, 2001, a brother gave her a set of tapes of songs and songbook of praising Almighty God. Instead of cherishing this opportunity, she resisted more fiercely. On January 18, 2001 (the 24th of the twelfth month of the lunar year), taking with her some materials against Almighty God, Chen together with some workers and maidservants, a total of six people, drove a jeep to a town to seal a meeting place. About eight o’clock in the evening, when running around a curve, the jeep suddenly slammed against the side of the mountain. Because of its high speed, the jeep ricocheted off the mountainside and dropped down the precipice like a cannonball. Its tail plunged into the ice hole at the bottom of the precipice, and it could no longer move. The local villagers heard the crash and arrived to drag them out through the windows. Chen had her head badly injured with blood gushing from her mouth. No sooner had she been sent to the local hospital than she died. An out-of-town worker, Liu XX (male, aged 20), was also hurt so badly that he was covered with blood. His injuries were too severe and the local hospital did not dare to accept him, so he was sent to another hospital for emergency treatment. On January 19, 2001 (the 25th of the twelfth month of the lunar year), Liu died after all rescue measures failed. Of the other four, one was injured seriously and three slightly. They ganged together to resist God’s work, so how could they escape God’s punishment? It was just as the Bible says: “The wicked will not go unpunished!”
187. Yu XX, male, aged 64, from Pingshun County, a leader of the Justification by Faith Church. In October 1998, when God’s end-time work was spread to Pingshun, he not only refused to accept it, but he slandered it and said, “Wolves have come! Brothers and sisters, you have to watch out. They are heretics and a cult. They are ‘the Eastern Lightning’ and a false christ that deceives people.” Once, Yu met a brother who preached the gospel, and he questioned him, “Where are you from? Show me your ID card.” He also said, “My family have believed in God for three generations. You think I don’t know right from wrong? This one is definitely false.” Afterward, Yu went everywhere to seal the meeting places, and he said, “If any one of you listens and is deceived, don’t blame me for not warning you.” On Christmas day, 1998, Yu stood on the platform and sneered scornfully, “Some are true believers, and some are false. They preach the gospel just for money.” And he even pulled his collar and swore by Heaven, “If I’m wrong, may God punish me!” Only a few days after saying this, Yu did not feel well. On February 13, 1999 (the 28th of the twelfth month of the lunar year), upon examination at the hospital, he was found to have esophageal cancer. On March 2, 1999 (the Lantern Festival), Yu went to Beijing for another examination and was diagnosed with cardiac cancer. After the operation, his condition still did not get any better. Every day he was in such a pain that he huddled up in his bed weeping, and he also covered his face with a towel and did not want to see anyone.… In this way, Yu was tortured by the disease for six months. During this period, because of the pain, he was unable to eat but only survived on some milk. On August 25, 1999, Yu died. So was fulfilled the oath he had sworn before God. God removed this road-blocking tiger!
188. Han XX, male, aged 34, from Yincheng Town in Changzhi County, a preacher of the Justification by Faith Church. In October 2001, when someone preached to him God’s end-time work, he said, “You stop it. What you preach is false. No one here will accept it. Don’t try to spread your gospel in this village.” In November, another sister went to his meeting place to preach God’s end-time work to him, but he roared at her harshly, “Go! You are not allowed to worship here.” And he even furiously grabbed the sister’s arm and pulled her out. On January 29, 2002, the brothers and sisters told him some cases of punishment for resisting Almighty God, but he said, “You are talking nonsense! I don’t want to listen. It’s all deceiving.” On February 15, 2002 (the fourth day of the Chinese New Year), Han and his two unbelieving younger brothers (one was 27, and the other 31) were driving their truck home from delivering charcoal to Hebei province. At four o’clock in the morning, when crossing the Wu’an Bridge, the truck broke through the parapet and fell off the bridge of over three meters. The three brothers all died on the spot. Han and his youngest brother had their brains dashed out, which was too horrible to look at. He resisted Almighty God and was punished!
189. Ren XX, male, aged 46, from Yanggao Township of Pingshun County in Changzhi City, a junior leader of the Justification by Faith Church. In December 1998, some people preached God’s end-time work to him, but he condemned and said, “You are heretics and a cult. ‘The Eastern Lightning’ is a false christ that deceives people. I will not listen. Go away!” Later, the brothers and sisters again preached the gospel to him many times, but he still refused to accept. On December 25, 1999, Ren’s wife suddenly went insane, and she threw herself off a precipice thirty meters high and died outright with blood running from her mouth, nose, eyes, and ears. In early January 2002, when Ren learned that two sisters were preaching God’s end-time work to some brothers and sisters of his church, he rushed to the place and yelled, “You are the children of the devil and the ones who break up the church. What you preach is all false. You say that God has come, then where is he? Let me see him!” Then, he fiercely grabbed the two sisters and pulled them from inside the house to outside the gate. Since December 1998, the brothers and sisters had altogether preached to him over thirty times, but every time he refused to accept, and he stubbornly remained unrepentant. March 29, 2002 was Ren’s daughter’s wedding day, but Ren had never dreamed that the wedding would turn into a funeral. On the way escorting the bride to the house of the groom, a traffic accident occurred. One of their cars flied off a precipice over one hundred meters high, and the seven people in it were all killed: Ren’s 14-year-old and 10-year-old sons became two bloody pulps, unable to be recognized; his elder sister-in-law had her head lost nowhere; and his two nieces, his granddaughter, and the driver were all smashed beyond recognition. The scene was very horrible. Having received such a punishment, Ren was anguished. Even so, all of his relatives put the blame on him, and his only elder brother was no exception, who even beat him with a stick. Living like this, he was probably no happier than those who had died.