What are evil deeds? What are the manifestations of evil deeds?
Relevant Words of God:
What is the standard by which a person’s deeds are evaluated as good or evil? It depends on whether or not you, in your thoughts, expressions, and actions, possess theof putting the truth into practice and of living out the reality of truth. If you do not have this reality or do not live this out, then you are without a doubt an evildoer.
Excerpted from “You Can Obtain Truth After Turning Your True Heart Over to God” in Records of Christ’s Talks
If you always live according to the flesh, always satisfying your own selfish desires, then such a person does not possess the reality of the truth. This is the marker of someone who brings God shame. You say, “I haven’t done anything; how have I brought God shame?” In your thoughts and ideas, in the intentions, goals and motives behind your actions, and in the consequences of what you’ve done—in every way you are satisfying Satan, being its laughingstock, and letting it get something on you. You do not remotely possess the testimony that you should as a Christian. You dishonor God’s name in all things and you do not possess genuine testimony. Will God remember the things you have done? In the end, what conclusion will God draw about your acts and the duty you performed? Doesn’t something have to come of that, some sort of statement? In the Bible, the Lord Jesus says, “Many will say to Me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name? and in Your name have cast out devils? and in Your name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess to them, I never knew you: depart from Me, you that work iniquity.” Why did the Lord Jesus say this? Why have those who heal the sick and cast out devils in the Lord’s name, who travel to preach in the Lord’s name, become evildoers? Who are these evildoers? Are they those who do not? They all believe in God and follow God. They also give things up for God, expend themselves for God, and perform their duty. However, in performing their duty they lack devotion and testimony, so it has become doing evil. This is why the Lord Jesus said, “Depart from Me, you that work iniquity.”
Excerpted from “You Can Obtain Truth After Turning Your True Heart Over to God” in Records of Christ’s Talks
You see all these acts of God now, yet still you resist and are rebellious and do not submit; you harbor many things inside yourself and do whatever you wish; you follow your own lusts, and likes—this is rebelliousness; this is resistance. Belief in God that is carried out for the flesh, for one’s lusts, and for one’s own likes, for the world, and for Satan, is filthy; it is resistant and rebellious. There are all different kinds of belief now: Some seek shelter from disaster, and others seek to obtain blessings, while some wish to understand mysteries and still others try to get some money. These are all forms of resistance; they are all blasphemy! To say that one resists or rebels—is it not in reference to these things? Many people now grumble, utter complaints or make judgments. These are all things done by the wicked; they are human resistance and rebelliousness; such people are possessed and occupied by Satan.
Excerpted from “You Should Know How the Whole of Humanity Has Developed to the Present Day” in
Those among brothers and sisters who are always giving vent to their negativity are lackeys of Satan and they disturb the church. Such people must one day be expelled and eliminated. In their belief in God, if people do not have a heart of reverence for God, if they do not have a heart of obedience toward God, then not only will they be unable to do any work for Him, but on the contrary will become those who disturb His work and who defy Him. Believing in God but not obeying or revering Him, and instead resisting Him, is the greatest disgrace for a believer. If believers are just as casual and unrestrained in their speech and conduct as unbelievers are, then they are even more evil than unbelievers; they are archetypal demons. Those who give vent to their poisonous, malicious talk within the church, who spread rumors, foment disharmony, and form cliques among the brothers and sisters—they should have been expelled from the church. Yet because now is a different era of God’s work, these people are restricted, for they face certain elimination. All who have been corrupted by Satan have corrupt dispositions. Some have nothing more than corrupt dispositions, while others are different: Not only have their dispositions been corrupted by Satan, but their natures are also extremely malicious. Not only do their words and actions reveal their corrupt, satanic disposition; these people are, moreover, the genuine devil Satan.
Excerpted from “A Warning to Those Who Do Not Practice the Truth” in The Word Appears in the Flesh
Every church has people who cause trouble for the church or meddle in the work of God. They are all Satans who have infiltrated the house of God in disguise. Such people are good at acting: they come before Me with great reverence, bowing and scraping, living like mangy dogs, and devoting their “all” to achieve their own objectives—but in front of the brothers and sisters, they show their ugly side. When they see people who practice the truth, they strike out at them and shove them aside; when they see people more formidable than themselves, they flatter and fawn upon them. They run wild in the church. It can be said that such “local bullies,” such “lapdogs,” exist in the majority of churches. They sneak around together, sending each other winks and secret signals, and none of them practices the truth. Whoever has the most venom is the “head demon,” and whoever has the highest prestige leads them, bearing their flag aloft. These people rampage through the church, spreading their negativity, venting death, doing as they please, saying what they please, and no one dares to stop them. They brim with the disposition of Satan. No sooner do they cause a disturbance than an air of death enters the church. … If a church contains several local bullies, and they are followed by “little flies” who can’t tell what they are—and if the congregants, even after having seen the truth, are still incapable of rejecting the binds and manipulation of these bullies—then all those fools will be eliminated in the end. These little flies might not have done anything terrible, but they are even more deceitful, even more slick and evasive, and everyone like this will be eliminated. Not a single one shall remain!
Excerpted from “A Warning to Those Who Do Not Practice the Truth” in The Word Appears in the Flesh
Your deception, your arrogance, your greed, your extravagant desires, your betrayal, your disobedience—which of these could escape My notice? You are slipshod with Me, you fool Me, you insult Me, you deceive Me, you exact Me and extort Me for sacrifices—how could such maleficence elude My punishment? All this evildoing is proof of your enmity against Me and is proof of your incompatibility with Me. Each of you believes yourself to be so compatible with Me, but if that were the case, then to whom would such irrefutable evidence apply? You believe yourselves to possess the utmost sincerity and loyalty toward Me. You think that you are so kindhearted, so compassionate, and have devoted so much to Me. You think that you have done more than enough for Me. But have you ever held this up against your actions? I say you are plenty arrogant, plenty greedy, plenty perfunctory; the tricks with which you fool Me are plenty clever, and you have plenty of contemptible intentions and contemptible methods. Your loyalty is too meager, your earnestness too paltry, and your conscience even more lacking. There is too much maliciousness in your hearts, and no one is spared from your malice, not even Me. You shut Me out for the sake of your children, or your husband, or your own self-preservation. Instead of caring about Me, you care about your family, your children, your status, your future, and your own gratification. When have you ever thought of Me as you spoke or acted? On frigid days, your thoughts turn to your children, your husband, your wife, or your parents. On blistering days, I hold no place in your thoughts, either. When you perform your duty, you are thinking of your own interests, of your own personal safety, of the members of your family. What have you ever done that was for Me? When have you ever thought of Me? When have you ever devoted yourself, at any cost, to Me and My work? Where is the evidence of your compatibility with Me? Where is the reality of your loyalty to Me? Where is the reality of your obedience to Me? When have your intentions not been for the sake of gaining My blessings? You fool and deceive Me, you play with the truth, you conceal the existence of the truth, and betray the substance of the truth. What awaits you in the future by going against Me in this way? You merely seek compatibility with a vague God, and merely seek a vague belief, yet you are not compatible with Christ. Will not your maleficence beget the same retribution as that deserved by the wicked?
Excerpted from “You Should Seek the Way of Compatibility With Christ” in The Word Appears in the Flesh
It may be that in all your years of, you have never cursed anyone or committed a bad deed, yet in your association with Christ, you cannot speak the truth, act honestly, or obey the word of Christ; in that case, I say that you are the most sinister and malicious person in the world. You may be exceptionally amiable and devoted toward your relatives, friends, wife (or husband), sons and daughters, and parents, and never take advantage of others, but if you are incapable of compatibility with Christ, if you are unable to interact in harmony with Him, then even if you expend your all in relief to your neighbors or take meticulous care of your father, mother, and members of your household, I would say that you are still wicked, and moreover one full of cunning tricks. Do not think yourself compatible with Christ simply because you get along with others or do a few good deeds. Do you think that your charitable intent can finagle the blessings of Heaven? Do you think that doing a few good deeds is a substitute for your obedience?
Excerpted from “Those Who Are Incompatible With Christ Are Surely Opponents of God” in The Word Appears in the Flesh
Toward those who showed Me not the slightest loyalty during times of tribulation, I shall be merciful no more, for My mercy only extends so far. I have no liking, furthermore, for anyone who has once betrayed Me, much less do I like to associate with those who sell out the interests of their friends. This is My disposition, regardless of who the person may be.
Excerpted from “Prepare Sufficient Good Deeds for Your Destination” in The Word Appears in the Flesh
Every one of you has risen to the pinnacle of the multitudes; you have ascended to be the ancestors of the masses. You are extremely arbitrary, and you run amok among all of the maggots, seeking a place of ease and attempting to devour the maggots that are smaller than you. You are malicious and sinister in your hearts, surpassing the ghosts that have sunk to the bottom of the sea. You reside in the bottom of the dung, disturbing the maggots from top to bottom until they have no peace, fighting each other for a while and then calming down. You do not know your place, yet still you battle with each other in the dung. What can you gain from such struggle? If you truly had reverence for Me in your hearts, how could you fight with each other behind My back? No matter how high your status, are you not still a stinking little worm in the dung? Will you be able to sprout wings and become a dove in the sky? You, stinking little worms steal offerings from the altar of Me, Jehovah; in doing so, can you rescue your ruined, failed reputation and become the chosen people of Israel? You are shameless wretches!
Excerpted from “When Falling Leaves Return to Their Roots, You Will Regret All the Evil You Have Done” in The Word Appears in the Flesh
Sermon and Fellowship Excerpts for Reference:
What are the manifestations of performing all kinds of wicked deeds? The first manifestation occurs in God’s house when someone judges God and judges God’s work. It involves frequently having notions about God and the man used by. Some people even harbor hostility, spreading negativity and notions about God everywhere, spreading rumors about God and the man used by the Holy Spirit in order to deceive God’s chosen people and disturb the work of God’s house. These are the greatest evils. These are the things that disturb and damage the life entry of God’s chosen people and the work of God’s house the most. This is why these are the greatest evils. All those who are able to do these kinds of evil deeds are ones who perform all kinds of wicked deeds. The second manifestation is that some leaders in God’s house are not considerate of and do not do the essential work that God entrusts them to do. Instead, they work to bear witness to themselves and to preserve their status. They arrange leadership positions at all levels in God’s house for their trusted aides and associates. This kind of person is also someone who performs all kinds of wicked deeds. They do not make arrangements for those who genuinely pursue the truth and have the Holy Spirit’s work; instead, they place their accomplices, trusted aides, and sycophants into important work positions. Isn’t this placing obstacles and difficulties upon the path of life entry of God’s chosen people? Therefore, such people are also ones who perform all kinds of wicked deeds. God’s house raises them up and lets them become leaders, yet they bear witness to themselves, show themselves off and do not bear witness at all for God or for all that God has and is. They do not communicate the truth of God’s word and they do not guide people to enter into the truth. They always work to preserve their own status, they always speak for the sake of their own status and reputation, they preserve their own status amongst God’s chosen people and they preserve their status in the heart of the leadership. This kind of person is an antichrist. People who are antichrists are ones who perform all kinds of wicked deeds. The third manifestation is that someone fulfills their duties without any devotion to God, always being slipshod, and following their flesh and their personal tastes when they do things. The result is that they bring a lot of troubles to the work of God’s house and they cause God’s house to suffer large financial losses. This kind of person is someone who performs all kinds of wicked deeds. The fourth manifestation is that all those who do not pursue the truth yet who disturb others from pursuing the truth, who always spread negativity, and who always spread the fallacious views of unbelievers or religious people to disturb God’s chosen people are also people that perform all kinds of wicked deeds.
Excerpted from Sermons and Fellowship on Entry Into Life
The Thirty Evil Deeds of Interrupting and Disrupting God’s Work and Directly Opposing God:
1. Failing to fully focus on carrying out one’s duty in the church but instead engaging in jealous disputes and struggles for status that lead to chaos in church life is an evil deed.
2. Sowing discord, forming cliques and creating disturbances that result in schisms within the church and seriously disrupt the work of the church is an evil deed.
3. Not loving the truth, being prone to making mischief and creating conflict, provoking discord between people, and disrupting church life is an evil deed.
4. Telling lies, cheating and deceiving people, frequently distorting the facts and confounding right and wrong to incite chaos is an evil deed.
5. Spreading fallacy and heresy to mislead people so that they are unable to pursue the truth, lack a path, and attach themselves to Satan and demons is an evil deed.
6. Spreading negativity and death, spreading notions around in order to deceive people, disrupting the church life, and causing people to become cold and pull away from God is an evil deed.
7. If you clearly know that you do not possess the reality of the truth, that you do not possess good humanity and yet insistently vie for positions of leadership, thus leading to chaos, this is an evil deed.
8. Behaving one way to people’s faces and another behind their backs, feigning compliance while acting in opposition, deceiving both those above and below you, and employing double-faced tactics to deceive others is an evil deed.
9. Being unable to fellowship on the truth to resolve problems, always pouncing on others’ weak points to teach them a lesson, and chide others condescendingly is an evil deed.
10. Latching onto the transgressions of leaders and workers, not treating them properly and impacting their normal work is an evil deed.
11. In the midst of crackdowns against false leaders and workers, fixing them, trying to send them to their doom without giving them the opportunity to repent, and giving rise to panic is an evil deed.
12. Being an irresponsible leader or worker and sitting idly by as the wicked disrupt the church, and failing to safeguard the church’s work is an evil deed.
13. Not carrying out one’s duty in accordance with work arrangements in order to resolve practical problems and allowing the wicked to disrupt the church is an evil deed.
14. Seriously violating work arrangements and doing things in one’s own way, insisting on going against the truth to the very end, doing harm to God’s chosen people is an evil deed.
15. If leaders and workers do not practice the truth but run amok and do not accept the supervision and criticism of God’s chosen people, this is an evil deed.
16. If leaders and workers do as they please and select and use those who lack the reality of the truth and are unable to carry out practical work, leading to a terrible impact, this is an evil deed.
17. Always muddling through one’s duty without the slightest effect, doing more harm than good and seriously impacting the church’s work is an evil deed.
18. Not only not practicing the truth oneself, but also striking out at others and hindering them from doing their duty and preparing good deeds is an evil deed.
19. Refusing to accept being dealt with and pruned, not being remotely obedient, disrupting the church by acting like a tyrant and doing whatever one wishes without restraint is an evil deed.
20. Consistently elevating and bearing witness to oneself, giving false testimony, and showing oneself off to gain others’ admiration is classified as deceiving people and is an evil deed.
21. Always having contact and colluding with bad and wicked people, always speaking for their interests and disrupting the work of the church is an evil deed.
22. Going along with the wicked in blindly stirring up trouble, disrupting the work of the church and impacting the church life, and being unrepentant to the very end is an evil deed.
23. Always harboring ambitions and seeking status, often spreading notions to deceive others and vying for power through various means is an evil deed.
24. Using dirty tricks to spread the, dishonoring God’s name, having a terrible impact and inciting others’ disgust is an evil deed.
25. Not caring for those gained through evangelism, being totally irresponsible and seriously impacting the gospel work is an evil deed.
26. Stealing offerings, greedily reveling in luxury, not doing practical work and seriously holding up the church’s work is an evil deed.
27. Embezzling the church’s charity and relief funds, using the money of God’s house unscrupulously, being corrupt and degenerate with a terrible impact is an evil deed.
28. Being irresponsible in safekeeping the offerings of God’s house, handing over offerings to false leaders, antichrists, and the great red dragon is an evil deed.
29. Betraying the church, betraying brothers and sisters, even offering service for Satan, and monitoring and tracking leaders and workers is an evil deed.
30. Consistently being licentious and wicked, engaging in heterosexual promiscuity or homosexual activity, disrupting the church life and having a terrible impact is an evil deed.
Excerpted from Work Arrangements
What exactly must one do to achieve understanding of the truth and gain the truth?
“To understand God’s word is not so simple. It is not that if you can give a literal superlative interpretation of God’s word, it means that you have understood God’s word. Literal interpretation is no more than man’s imagination and man’s thinking, and it is of no use! What is the way of interpreting God’s word? What is the way of understanding God’s word? The key to understanding God’s word is to understand it in God’s word."
What are good deeds? What are the manifestations of good deeds?
Just what are good deeds? Why is it that we must perform good deeds?...anything that God requires of man, if man can do it and he is able to satisfy God, then it can be said to be a good deed. If you can satisfy God’s requirements, then it is a good deed. If you have devotion to God while you fulfill your duties, then it is a good deed. If the things you do are of benefit to God’s chosen people and everybody thinks that what you are doing is good, then it is a good deed.
What is dispositional change?
What is the transformation of disposition? You must be a lover of truth, accept the judgment and chastisement of God’s word as you experience His work, and experience all kinds of suffering and refining, through which you are purified of the satanic poisons within you. This is the transformation in disposition.… The transformation in disposition spoken of in the house of God means that a person, because he loves and can accept the truth, finally comes to know his disobedient and God-resisting nature; ...and practice the truth in everything. Such a person knows God and has his disposition transformed.
Why is it that believers must pursue the truth to achieve salvation and be perfected?
“Many people say, ‘I believe in God just by following like this and I will surely make it. I do not pursue the truth and I just follow to the end finally, and in performing my duty, I spend and give up as much as I can; even if I have some transgressions, I can make it.’ They do not know what they are saying. There are so many corrupt things within man; how can man be transformed without pursuing the truth? Judging from the degree of man’s corruption, without God’s keeping, man will fall and betray God and leave at any time."